Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best washing powder!

best washing powder!

Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default best washing powder!

yes i know a strange question, but i thought why not ask. we have a front loader which came with us from the uk and i have tried two different powders so far and just dont think that they clean very well. so instead of spending all the money and trying them i thought i would see which one you use!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: best washing powder!

I now use OMO but I think it is more to do with the water here than the powder. I also use napisan with every wash too just to get grubby marks out.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

BTW -OMO is Persil.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

A tbs of Morning Fresh will clean about anything in cold water
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I now use OMO but I think it is more to do with the water here than the powder. I also use napisan with every wash too just to get grubby marks out.
thats interesting that OMO is persil, thats what i used in the UK. i used napisan on some blouses the other day i was very impressed that the stains came out!
thansk
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mulben
A tbs of Morning Fresh will clean about anything in cold water
morning fresh, isnt that washing up liquid?!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
morning fresh, isnt that washing up liquid?!
It is
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd hop on your thread and ask, we're currently using Dynamo toploader stuff, but our hirepack of furniture, including the toploader are being picked up next week and we'll be buying a frontloader, thank goodness. Firstly the toploader has been shocking at cleaning clothes, useless. Anyhoo, will that Dynamo stuff work in the frontloader, it's liquid and we've a huge bottle of it and not much used. Also, you said OMO was persil, in the UK we used the wee washing powder liquid pillow kinda things, they smelt fantastic and cleaned really well. Can you get similar things here in Oz?

Also, while I'm here, can you recommend any brand of frontloader, or steer us clear of a brand you'd avoid?

Ta
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Thought I'd hop on your thread and ask, we're currently using Dynamo toploader stuff, but our hirepack of furniture, including the toploader are being picked up next week and we'll be buying a frontloader, thank goodness. Firstly the toploader has been shocking at cleaning clothes, useless. Anyhoo, will that Dynamo stuff work in the frontloader, it's liquid and we've a huge bottle of it and not much used. Also, you said OMO was persil, in the UK we used the wee washing powder liquid pillow kinda things, they smelt fantastic and cleaned really well. Can you get similar things here in Oz?

Also, while I'm here, can you recommend any brand of frontloader, or steer us clear of a brand you'd avoid?

Ta
Oh no . . . . I've never heard nothin' said about no such thing around these here parts . . .
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Oh no . . . . I've never heard nothin' said about no such thing around these here parts . . .
R u 'extracting the urine' about my lovely wee Irish lilt? I'll kick ur ...... lol

These kinda thingymajiggers: http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatal...som_24pack.jpg
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
These things they mention are for outsiders, not local people
Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Indeed . . . these 'pillowy devices' they speak of would be the work of beelzebub himself . . . most assuredly . . .
Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
We came back with some persil pillow thingeys, and dishwasher ones too. Aussie female friend and relative both thought you had to unpeel them
One protested they would clog the machine.

We'll be having none of these pillow thingeys here

BTW I have never found a soap powder here that does a really good job, people seem to do this scrub/spray the grubby bits then wash it
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
We came back with some persil pillow thingeys, and dishwasher ones too. Aussie female friend and relative both thought you had to unpeel them
One protested they would clog the machine.

We'll be having none of these pillow thingeys here

BTW I have never found a soap powder here that does a really good job, people seem to do this scrub/spray the grubby bits then wash it
Would agree with that , 20 yrs ago every thing washed clean with no pre wash additives -since phosphates have been removed and the formulations "improved " nothing cleans without soakers etc being added
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Get a front-loader, none oftis toploading rubbish, and use liquid instead of powder.
I can't use powder cos of my skin, so I use a hypo-allergenic liquid like Purity - its as good as Surcare back home, and actually gets things clean without all this ridiculous scrubbing that a lot of girls at work seem to think is "normal". i got a couple of those Persil balls to put the liquid in - my sister kindly donated them - and have had some very strange comments from people about them - same as the pillows, people are soooo suspicious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.