Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Old May 25th 2007, 9:54 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best curry in Brisbane area ?

Really the one in Albany Creek is crap.
Originally Posted by Trojan1969
By the way......Sitar in Albion o Sandgate Rd is by far the best!!

Cheers,
Nik
Old May 26th 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know in Brisbane where you can buy the spices to make your own curries? Like tumeric, garam massala etc? I've looked in Coles but no joy. Those jar sauces taste rubbish imo

On the restaurant reviews above, Sultans Kitchen in Paddington is not great. Deliveries are always late and if you order a selection they all taste the same. Balti should not taste the same as Korma!! A Night in India in Toowong is my recommendation
Old May 26th 2007, 12:45 am
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themerlin
Can anybody help! I have been here for a while now and they only thing I miss is a really good curry like you get in England. I have searched high and low but not found anything great.

Has anybody found a really good curry in these parts and if so do share
i go to a small place called ragga on samford road at newmarket it is a good curry house and decent price, you can eat in or take away and they do a buffet style as well (all you can eat)
Old May 26th 2007, 1:09 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I would try the valley mall, there are a few indian shops in there.

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Does anyone know in Brisbane where you can buy the spices to make your own curries? Like tumeric, garam massala etc? I've looked in Coles but no joy. Those jar sauces taste rubbish imo

On the restaurant reviews above, Sultans Kitchen in Paddington is not great. Deliveries are always late and if you order a selection they all taste the same. Balti should not taste the same as Korma!! A Night in India in Toowong is my recommendation
Old May 26th 2007, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Anyone venturing down to the Gold Coast from Brissie, the Raj Palace, 1st floor Marina Mirage is excellent, and surprisingly good value for the location,
( overlooking the miliionaires yachts

I have also heard of a small place in Labrador which is very good, you can order whatever you like and the chef will make it for you, it is supposed to be very much like the curries in Yorkshire, they also do cooking lessons. If anyone wants to know the venue, send me a pm and I will find out
Old May 26th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

You can buy those spices in Woolies
Old May 26th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by themerlin
I would try the valley mall, there are a few indian shops in there.
I work with a girl from India and she says the Valley is the place to go, much cheaper allegedly.
Old May 26th 2007, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
I think Raj Mahal is crap myself, used to use them but not anymore.

I'm having Indus tonight, Chicken Tikka Massala is great, one of the best Indian's I've had in Brisbane. If you're out west you could try Sitar at Kenmore, fairly recently opened. Also one at Kenmore near Video Ezy called something strnage like Schezenhaude (or similar) is much more "Indian" and less western.
couldnt agree more raj mahal is dire, especially the chicken, the 3 i have had were all greasy fatty horrible chicken, sitar in west end is good
Old May 26th 2007, 6:04 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

try the valley or any vietnemese shop, asian shop they have the lot.

There was some in Darra.

that one in Birkdale is ok.

the only thing we started to do was make our own,,,they were cheaper and far nicer than we could ever buy.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

mark43 is an unknown quantity at this point

went to mint on brunswick st on our reccie trip. better than uk,and only 36 quid for 2
Old May 28th 2007, 2:40 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

"All India Foods", 31 Balaclava Street, Woolloongabba. Big shop, loads of range, dirt cheap
Old May 28th 2007, 3:00 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
Indus at Paddington and Chapel Hill and somewhere on the Gold Coast are very good
Another vote for Indus, it looks poncy, the service was appalling when I went but the curry is great.
Old May 28th 2007, 6:55 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

can anyone recommend a good one around the mooloolaba area ??
Old May 28th 2007, 7:33 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trojan1969
By the way......Sitar in Albion o Sandgate Rd is by far the best!!

Cheers,
Nik
Mmmm.... wonder if that is classed as Boondall as have heard there's a nice indian at Boondall, however that may be Maharani Indian Restaurant as haven't been to either.

I like the comprehensive list at
HTML Code:
http://www.indiaoz.com.au/restaurants/qld.php
Old May 28th 2007, 7:34 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lol
can anyone recommend a good one around the mooloolaba area ??
http://www.indiaoz.com.au/restaurants/qld.php has some on up your way as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.