Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Old Apr 30th 2018, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BCA Call For More Workers Doesn't Add Up

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I read today that Little Johnny Howard, former Coalition PM, for those not in the know, has come out questioning both the quantity and composition of present migration.

He appears to be supporting Tony Abbott. Brings back memories to some of 1988, when Howard got canned somewhat, for questioning the rate of Asian Immigration, into the country at the time.
It's suspected that went towards him losing his seat in Bingalong, years later, a seat with a large Asian electorate.
He obviously feels he is onto something now though. Shame if numbers had been curtailed earlier, we wouldn't likely be entering what looks like the same 'old' chestnut of race. Especially from a 'has been' like Howard.
When he says "Composition" he means, as I say, "the right type of immigration"

That would mean those who add value and aren't a burden.

Such as shame the narrow minds believe he is looking at races.

Meanwhile, nuclear energy, yes please.
Old May 1st 2018, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
When he says "Composition" he means, as I say, "the right type of immigration"

That would mean those who add value and aren't a burden.

Such as shame the narrow minds believe he is looking at races.

Meanwhile, nuclear energy, yes please.
The composition can be taken to mean race, going on his track record, as well as recent grumblings within conservative ranks.
What was clearly obvious was he omitted to mention race should Not be criteria. Little Johnny's nostalgia for the white picket fence and 50's Australia has unlikely wanned.

Prison for bankster criminals...Yes Please. Resignation for Ministers refusing a Royal Inquiry ..Yes Please. Regulators sacked.. Yes please, Boards replaced .. Yes Please...
Old May 1st 2018, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

The composition can be taken to mean race, going on his track record, as well as recent grumblings within conservative ranks.
What was clearly obvious was he omitted to mention race should Not be criteria. Little Johnny's nostalgia for the white picket fence and 50's Australia has unlikely wanned.

Prison for bankster criminals...Yes Please. Resignation for Ministers refusing a Royal Inquiry ..Yes Please. Regulators sacked.. Yes please, Boards replaced .. Yes Please...
You just took the ridiculous to a new level. John Howard never went into detail other than to say he echoes Tony Abbotts thoughts and we should have a discussion.

However, Tony Abbott's POV is that we should slow or halt immigration while infrastructure is being built, then continue immigration growth along side new projects. Tony Abbott also has concerns about immigration or better put, population growth, affecting the price of housing, and congestion.

But both are mute points when in many parts of Sydney, property prices are coming down, especially in areas where many new migrants head to. Property only went up in the first place because of accessible easy credit, not immigration and now that the easy credit is not so easily available, notice the slowdown Einstein?

And as for congestion is no worse than it was 30 years ago. In fact many areas are much quicker to commute from today because of infrastructure growth and spend. So really, Tony Abbott is raising a topic that's worth discussing, but like I have with you, Tony will be very quickly shut down because his arguments do not stack up and you create the Catch 22

In order to design, construct, and operate and pay for these infrastructure projects you need people, and right now, in Melbourne and Sydney, we don't have the people.

We have lost sight of what the right type of people are to please the loony left. The resenters.

Its a bit like Mediscare with you lot. Dream up a concept, in your case racism, to drive an agenda which is not in the interest of the country as a whole but services a me me me agenda.
Old May 1st 2018, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You just took the ridiculous to a new level. John Howard never went into detail other than to say he echoes Tony Abbotts thoughts and we should have a discussion.

However, Tony Abbott's POV is that we should slow or halt immigration while infrastructure is being built, then continue immigration growth along side new projects. Tony Abbott also has concerns about immigration or better put, population growth, affecting the price of housing, and congestion.

But both are mute points when in many parts of Sydney, property prices are coming down, especially in areas where many new migrants head to. Property only went up in the first place because of accessible easy credit, not immigration and now that the easy credit is not so easily available, notice the slowdown Einstein?

And as for congestion is no worse than it was 30 years ago. In fact many areas are much quicker to commute from today because of infrastructure growth and spend. So really, Tony Abbott is raising a topic that's worth discussing, but like I have with you, Tony will be very quickly shut down because his arguments do not stack up and you create the Catch 22

In order to design, construct, and operate and pay for these infrastructure projects you need people, and right now, in Melbourne and Sydney, we don't have the people.

We have lost sight of what the right type of people are to please the loony left. The resenters.

Its a bit like Mediscare with you lot. Dream up a concept, in your case racism, to drive an agenda which is not in the interest of the country as a whole but services a me me me agenda.
Well no it's nothing of the sort. Tony Abbott, is doing nothing more than seeking to harness the right wing populist (and not a few leftist, whom are just as divided on the issue) Obviously he wants to differentiate himself from Turnbull, while Howard, wants to be seen as the 'wise old man' of Australian politics, with his Menzies put on persona which doesn't quite make the mark.

The lunar Right are of course the loonies for the damage already done (Howard a big part to blame for the housing mess we are now finding ourselves in) The refusal to reign in obvious financial shenanigans that has been going on for some time, but true both parties a lot to account for.
Just try and refrain from only attacking what you refer to as the left. Hard to contain yourself, I realise, but poor governance in Australia is hardly related to any one particular party. Just one is more overt in whom they are in power to serve. That not being the ordinary people.

Immigration became a mess, when it became concentrated on only two cities in Australia. It became a mess, when the numbers were no longer needed other than boost government coffers and compete with on shore labour already here.

Of course congestion is worse than thirty years ago. Ask anyone that has a history of driving or taking public transport in Melbourne or Sydney.

Of course over immigration assists in the stagnation of wages, just as it keeps house prices higher and of course it is not the only reason housing in Australia's two main centres are in danger of substantial correction.

There a reason why this country has personal debt levels of mind boggling size. Bad banking practices, cheap money and the encouragement of too many to buy real estate, too over valued and way over extending themselves not understanding the consequences.
Old May 1st 2018, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Immigration became a mess, when it became concentrated on only two cities in Australia. It became a mess, when the numbers were no longer needed other than boost government coffers and compete with on shore labour already here.
If you have a problem where immigrants go, petition your state government to create something.

You have blinkers on if you believe what is happening in Perth is reflective of the whole country.

You really need to travel more.

Of course congestion is worse than thirty years ago. Ask anyone that has a history of driving or taking public transport in Melbourne or Sydney.
Mate. I travel in a car or on public transport most days in Sydney depending on where I am extracting money from. I travelled in cars and on public transport 30 years ago in Sydney. I can assure you, no different. In fact, the car journey from the airport to city is far quicker now and back then a train never existed.

Your assumptions from the other side of the country is plain wrong. Sorry to disappoint your assumption.

Of course over immigration assists in the stagnation of wages, just as it keeps house prices higher and of course it is not the only reason housing in Australia's two main centres are in danger of substantial correction.
Global issues you are trying to play off as local ones. Nice try, but you really need to look beyond Leederville.

There a reason why this country has personal debt levels of mind boggling size. Bad banking practices, cheap money and the encouragement of too many to buy real estate, too over valued and way over extending themselves not understanding the consequences.
Again global issues. Don't make the mistake of thinking easy money is restricted to Australia.
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you have a problem where immigrants go, petition your state government to create something.

You have blinkers on if you believe what is happening in Perth is reflective of the whole country.

You really need to travel more.

Mate. I travel in a car or on public transport most days in Sydney depending on where I am extracting money from. I travelled in cars and on public transport 30 years ago in Sydney. I can assure you, no different. In fact, the car journey from the airport to city is far quicker now and back then a train never existed.

Your assumptions from the other side of the country is plain wrong. Sorry to disappoint your assumption.

Global issues you are trying to play off as local ones. Nice try, but you really need to look beyond Leederville.

Again global issues. Don't make the mistake of thinking easy money is restricted to Australia.
Afraid the blinkers are well and truly clouding your vision, I'm afraid. I don't know anybody living in Sydney that does not complain about increased traffic and sub standard public transport (if at all bother to use it) The few that like to cycle add to the complaints as well. Address it anyway you want and remain in a cloud of fog, those are the facts.
No such thing as 'easy money' as a rule. Although people have been perhaps mislaid by corrupt practices into thinking so, but the time to pay the piper will not be far off.
Old May 2nd 2018, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Afraid the blinkers are well and truly clouding your vision, I'm afraid. I don't know anybody living in Sydney that does not complain about increased traffic and sub standard public transport (if at all bother to use it) The few that like to cycle add to the complaints as well. Address it anyway you want and remain in a cloud of fog, those are the facts.
No such thing as 'easy money' as a rule.
Although people have been perhaps mislaid by corrupt practices into thinking so, but the time to pay the piper will not be far off.
Your same miserable friends were complaining 30 years ago too.

Came through Central at 6pm tonight. All trains had seats. Don't let the hog wash trip you up.
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your same miserable friends were complaining 30 years ago too.

Came through Central at 6pm tonight. All trains had seats. Don't let the hog wash trip you up.
Unlikely as few were living in Sydney thirty years ago, but those that were certainly see the decline in living standards. Shame you weren't around to allow comment through experience on the matter....
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unlikely as few were living in Sydney thirty years ago, but those that were certainly see the decline in living standards. Shame you weren't around to allow comment through experience on the matter....
That was 1988. Yep I was living in Sydney then and commuting 35 km's every day.

You are so full of shit.
Old May 3rd 2018, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That was 1988. Yep I was living in Sydney then and commuting 35 km's every day.

You are so full of shit.
Well you positively reek of the brown stuff. Really are you so inarticulate and clueless that you really wish to be humiliated with most every post?
Old May 6th 2018, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well you positively reek of the brown stuff. Really are you so inarticulate and clueless that you really wish to be humiliated with most every post?
Wow. Another one. 20+ years in London. 20+ years in Sydney. And you tell me I have no clue about either place.

Please. Cease with the crap.
Old May 7th 2018, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow. Another one. 20+ years in London. 20+ years in Sydney. And you tell me I have no clue about either place.

Please. Cease with the crap.
I realise TV is indeed superior by a long shot in UK compared to Australia, but really living in a bedsit with the curtains drawn, doesn't necessarily allow you knowledge of London. Twenty years, is longer than I have lived there if at all true. One would have thought a bit deeper insight would have been forthcoming in that case. I guess you are a homely sort? Nothing wrong with that of course. A long time though in only two cities....
Old May 7th 2018, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyway Beoz will no doubt be walking around with a puffed out chest today, with none other than the Union Movement coming out supporting Big Immigration. I do wonder what their rank and file will think of that?

I suspect the 'top dogs' of the movement are beholden to the building industry, which must be in two minds over the matter. On one hand they want migrants to keep business ticking over while on the other they want to retain jobs for those already here on shore. Meanwhile, like some on here, the 'top dogs' fear their investment properties and abodes declining in price by the month......what a hole Australia has dug for itself.
Old May 7th 2018, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyway Beoz will no doubt be walking around with a puffed out chest today, with none other than the Union Movement coming out supporting Big Immigration. I do wonder what their rank and file will think of that?

I suspect the 'top dogs' of the movement are beholden to the building industry, which must be in two minds over the matter. On one hand they want migrants to keep business ticking over while on the other they want to retain jobs for those already here on shore. Meanwhile, like some on here, the 'top dogs' fear their investment properties and abodes declining in price by the month......what a hole Australia has dug for itself.
Why would a property investor who has made 15% year on year worry about a percent or 2 in the past 6 months?

Any property investor worth their weight would sell their western Sydney experiement and jump on Hobart. For those in eastern Sydney, history speaks for itself.
Old May 7th 2018, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why would a property investor who has made 15% year on year worry about a percent or 2 in the past 6 months?

Any property investor worth their weight would sell their western Sydney experiement and jump on Hobart. For those in eastern Sydney, history speaks for itself.
But western Sydney has such a bright future becoming home to most Australia's record intake of migrants. I'm sure they'll be able to over look the 'favela' type neighbourhoods being created in the process in order to create long awaited vibe.

Hobart? More likely a flash in the pan, as was cheap for over heated, rip off Australian housing standards. The reality being a small city with limited potential.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.