Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Originally Posted by Sander
Haha, yeah...I only put that on my xpdite sig a while ago. It was mainly for friends etc...so nothing fancy. But I thought why not...

Oh wow! That's a good idea...maybe I should set one up here before we leave...hmmm. What program do you use for the webcam thingie?
Yahoo messenger is the best for us.

It's all quite choppy though (not flowing images), but it's good.

The webcam is Logitech
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

[QUOTE=Simone]We're online!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!QUOTE]

Darn it.
I been paying that telecom man money for nothing

Hi Simone - only joking of course.
Good to hear from you.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Originally Posted by Simone
We're online!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
Darn it.
I been paying that telecom man money for nothing

Hi Simone - only joking of course.
Good to hear from you.

Hi Bix

Will be back in the cut the crap thread soon (not that they need me!)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Monday 9th Aug

Had a fab day today. Haircut was a success, nothing major in terms of change which is how I like it. Took me about 35 mins from door to door, just looks longer on the map.

Had hair cut, 2 colours (bit worried I'd come out like the cat in Alice in wonderland but actually done a decent job and not too shocking) a head massage, hand and neck massage, 3 cups of tea, a go in the massage chair and a free intensive head treatment ?? and cost me $160. In the Uk that would have set me back 100 quid so I thought it was worth the trip.

The girl had trained in an Aveda salon in London, so I felt fairly safe. She was lovely and didn't attack my head before asking - I've had some hair disasters which would make grim reading. Like when I was 13 and decided I wanted a perm, came out looking like Dot Cotton on speed and a terrible rash. Went home on the bus with my hood up and cried for days.

Anyway this was by far a far more enjoyable pleasant experience and I will be a regular client. If anyone is interested it's called EMM and its on the Stirling Highway on the junction with Jarrad Street - Cottelsoe Village Shops - under the Jade Chinese - don't worry you won't come out smelling like chicken in black bean with a portion of fried rice!!!!! You come out smelling all lovely and orgasmic - sorry mean organic Missing Warren too much

Came back and kept Smudge company while reading in the garden. Weather has been lovely and looking forward to the rest of the week, which is now fully booked. Great. Puppy clases tommorrow (need to get that smilie sorted for scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

see ya

Jill

Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill
Glad that things seem to be going well for you now

Good luck with the dog training.

Do you both get trained?

Best wishes

G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:30 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Jill

Do you both get trained?

Best wishes

G
Probably but I was trained long ago..........I am a good boy really !!

Warren

Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Jill

Do you both get trained?

Best wishes

G
Jill you will defo get trained -they are usually tougher on the owners than the dogs.
when i took our choccy lab-i came away with a complex:
Couldn't hold the lead in my left hand,it's so not the dog it's you etc,etc

So i never went back-so try and stick with it ,it'll be worth it in the end,when you have the best behaved pooch in the road-not like our nutter-who legs it every time you call her!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=debio]Jill you will defo get trained -they are usually tougher on the owners than the dogs.

I had the same problem in the UK, I came away better trained than the dog !! I was so flustered I couldn't remember my left from my right. "Left circle" the instructor bellowed, followed quickly by "that was a right circle...Try again !"

I was terrified !!!
Gill
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jill
online again!
i do admire you and i know exactly what you mean about needing to do things on your own.Ive got two kids and used to be so up for doing stuff on my own,but having been in a realationship for years you kinda lose your confidence in your ability.
My husband is thinking about leaving us out there in sept and coming back to England until xmas,initially i was filled with fear but when i actually thought about it ,it was i like yes i can do it.Now im not quite as terrified if it does happen.Keep your chin up and think of that reunion.
you go girl.
donna
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:31 pm
Go Banana's !!

ARRRRGH this is my second attempt at posting . I hate dial up, I had crafted the perfect, I say perfect posting and the BASTARD had logged me out and I lost the lot. This is how much I love you guys I"m going to try again, even though I'm knackered and onto the second breezer. Should really go to bed 'cos it's tennis tommorrow, but what the hell, I'd have forgotton it all by then.

10th Aug

TONIGHT I STIRED INTO THE JAWS OF HELL (cue scary music)...and foolishly walked in. This trauma goes under the innocent guise of 'THE PUPPY CLASS' (dun dun dun dun dun ...)

As my poor little pooch rolled around in the urine of Lucifers Hounds he was dragged along the floor like a slipper and was subjected to a savaging by a dobie and an evil looking shih tzu. I clenched that much that it's gonna take colonic irrigation to get me moving again!! Apparently this is character building - he's gonna need therapy and so will I, before this hell I'd had such a lovely day (but more about that later)

Midge loved the whole thing, but did luck a bit worried when the Dobie swallowed Smudge's head! Mrs Bucket didn't quite know how she controlled herself and her palms are still sore from the nail digging.

That aside, I have had a lovely day. If anyone dares suggest I love it here 'cos I still feel like I'm on holiday, then they can kiss my sweet little tush - come on I dare ya!!. I've bloody well hit the ground running and today was a rare opportunity to explore and remind myself why we are here.

Went into Perth. Had mooch round Harbour Town - a designer outlet, which when finished will be lovely. There is alot of building work at the mo and when it's finished it will be fab, there are some great plans afoot.

Then went down to The Bell Tower which is an impressive glass structure, which houses the bells of St Martins (Oranges and Lemons and all that) they made a beautiful sound (the bells not my rendition) It's set in a lovely area and as I watched the palm trees swaying in the breeze and felt the warmth of the winter sun on my face I said out load to myself "I bloody I live 'ere, I do ya know, I live 'ere" and for a moment I couldn't quite believe it. Had a yummy vegi burger in a place called The Barnicle' which looked a bit grotty, but the food was yum. It's next to a pub called The Shag' - which my juvenile sense of humour found funny.Can't wait for Warren to share all this with me.(especially the shag bit )

Then went to Kings Park, a balmy 22 today, winter hey? It's beautiful - going on the tram at the weekend.

This is all 20 mins from where we live and can come here every day if I want, it's local compared to the journeys we are used too. Don't think I will ever take this for granted as I won't have the time to come in everyday anyway, not with being a pooch and daughter taxi.

Think I've got flees from the mutts!!

Newcastle (UK) was nice but Perth is beautiful, looking over the river I promised myself that we would take a river cruise - the night one is supposed to be good as you get a delicious seafod dinner (according to the rels)

I just thank the stars that I have a wonderful husband who has made it possible for our family to do this and when he gets here I am going to pee my pants like a puppy with excitement (the pelvic floor I have been blessed with, makes that highly likely).

Anyway to proove where I was today and so you can all see it, Warren should be posting a pic of moi today, that Aunty took. I can't as I don't have the software here and it would probably scramble up anyway. So she sent it to him and he can post it.

Apart from savage dogs and an absent husband life is pretty damn good.

Speak to yas all soon

Jill

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Jill
i so knew that you'd make it and settle into your new life down there, even from your old posts when you were back in blighty! i am so happy for you, just hope that you get a buyer on the house soon, really really chuffed for you mate
take care and keep smiling
Rach x
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:42 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going Jill; the daily instalments are better than anything on tv here!

Looking forward to seeing the piccies - Warren will soon be there to help at the training classes :scared:

Well Done
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:10 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi Jill,

We've everything crossed for you for the house sale. Hope you get a buyer soon. We may have to do same thing as you, so I may be needing a shoulder.

Anyway, keep going, you're doing really well. Your posts really cheer me up.

Just hope that I've got the same zest as you when we finally get there.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

As promised by Jill I have posted a picture in the new Photopost section. I couldn't woek out how to resize the original - help please someone ?

Anyway, I see others are using it and it looks like another good addition to the site.

Just got off the phone to Jill. The dog seems a bit traumatised by his savaging by the Dobberman !! Poor little thing. Just wait till I get to those puppy classes.....

Best wishes

Warren
Heart in Perth, Head in Essex

Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:18 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
As promised by Jill I have posted a picture in the new Photopost section. I couldn't woek out how to resize the original - help please someone ?

Anyway, I see others are using it and it looks like another good addition to the site.

Just got off the phone to Jill. The dog seems a bit traumatised by his savaging by the Dobberman !! Poor little thing. Just wait till I get to those puppy classes.....

Best wishes

Warren
Heart in Perth, Head in Essex
Damm, that didn't work either and I really should do some work. I'll try again later. :mad

Warren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.