Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:49 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
With memories of a favourite sit-com.....Please Jill, don't call it "Basil"........

Old Jul 29th 2004, 12:57 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Great reading, Jill!

Others have said it before but I have to say how great it is to hear from those of you that have 'passed over' - over Europe, Asia, etc that is!

We get to live vicariously by reading your posts and until we get there ourselves - it'll just have to do!

Keep 'em coming!

Sara
Old Jul 29th 2004, 1:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

The Cheesecake Shop. Pecan Pie. Heaven in pie format. That's all I need to say.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:17 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Thanks for the great insight.

Really enjoying the posts.

Michelle
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:07 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default A viewing at last !!!

Mr Banana here back in sunny ol blighty !!

After changing agents and sorting out new brouchures etc with the dual agents we have our first viewing since the beginning ofJ une on Saturday....fingers crossed everyone !!. I am trying not to get my hopes up at this stage

Best wishes

Warren
Perth and now Essex......!!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A viewing at last !!!

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Mr Banana here back in sunny ol blighty !!

After changing agents and sorting out new brouchures etc with the dual agents we have our first viewing since the beginning ofJ une on Saturday....fingers crossed everyone !!. I am trying not to get my hopes up at this stage

Best wishes

Warren
Perth and now Essex......!!

Right, that's it, I'll be stuck at the computer all night now - can't move on account of all the things that are crossed!

Good luck Warren!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Jill you are a natural story teller!
Hope you received the Pm I sent yesterday re the school and Head. Looks from todays diary they are doing what I had hoped they would.
Hx
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:54 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bundy
The Cheesecake Shop. Pecan Pie. Heaven in pie format. That's all I need to say.
Yeah but what about the adverts for the cheescake shop AGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Great posts Jill, Keep them coming

Kala
Old Jul 30th 2004, 11:04 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by bundy
Right, that's it, I'll be stuck at the computer all night now - can't move on account of all the things that are crossed!

Good luck Warren!

Hi Bundy,

Keep crossing them, we have another viewing on Saturday now !! Someone from the same village as us who knows all about the house and the development and......have sold theirs so there is no chain !!! I'll post an update on Monday.

I think Jill's doing an Oz update later today after Little'uns in bed.

Thanks for your support and I hope you have a good meet in Cambridge at the weekend.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth and now Essex !!

Old Jul 30th 2004, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Blimey Jill how do you get the time to do all these posts, great though, as you can see we are back online after drive to Malaga today for modem for Graham......and fruit and veg run!!!!

catch up soon

Teresa x
Old Jul 30th 2004, 12:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Bundy,

Keep crossing them, we have another viewing on Saturday now !! Someone from the same village as us who knows all about the house and the development and......have sold theirs so there is no chain !!! I'll post an update on Monday.

I think Jill's doing an Oz update later today after Little'uns in bed.

Thanks for your support and I hope you have a good meet in Cambridge at the weekend.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth and now Essex !!

Ok, still crossed. No blood circulating round my body at all, but if it helps, I'm happy to do it!

Keep us posted (as if you wouldn't )

Old Jul 30th 2004, 12:57 pm
Go Banana's !!

Thursday 30th July 04 - The day before the rat...........

Phew - whoever said living in Oz would be laid back wants shooting. I've had a very productive day, if a little hectic.

Got liitlen' to school and was greated by a rather pale faced looking teacher who proceeded to give me the test results , from what they have done so far. I think the teacher was hoping that the tests would reveal that we had over estimated littlen's ability. Oh good god no, she's come out in every test so far as an average age 12 :scared: Anyway we await what they are going to do.

I was also presented with a very long list of all the excersise boks I need to get her. I had no idea you have to buy literally EVERYTHING, we'd already got her the usual pens pencils etc, but this is even, glue, scissors, erasers, pencil sharpeners, books to write in , folders about 6 of each. Not a prob just didn't expect it.

Not sure when I can get it all though as I don't think I'll be able to leave the rat and shop on Monday. One thing finding a spider in ya shoe another one finding your shoe doesn't resemble one anymore and the entire contents of the larder have made a great play area. Deep joy, what in god's name have I let myself in for .

When I got back, all fired up I contacted a few of the private schools, just to ask what they would do in the situation. I was horrified to hear that they strive to have class sizes of 36 !! and one school had a waiting list of 3 years!!. Another had a vacancy in year 2, but no others. When I asked why there was a place, I was informed that they had split the class and hoped to get back up to the numbers of 36 in each class very soon. I was not impressed, as they didn't seem to be able to offer anything more than the school she is at did and even talked about 'special lessons' for her. I wanted to yell "She's not a freak" but didn't think they would appreciate that.

I upgrade Foxtel to the all singing all dancing, which is about $90 from memory - keep working darlin', as fast as you can earn it I can spend it.

Then a very nice piece of 'eye candy' turned up to service me car. I refrained from the "My husbands back in the UK' routine and just offered him a cup of tea - did I mention I was only wearing fluffy slippers at the time

Sorted out horseriding lessons - mmmm that's cheap NOT NOT NOT $43 for a half hour lesson. They have insisted that she has a one to one until she can canter confidently on her own and then she moves to a group class which is $37 for an hour - not quite so bad. The group is 5 children max.

Couldn't join the library as I don't have anything here with my name on and this address, it's all in Wozzas name , so that's a bit of a prob - until I get my driving lisence.

Swimming was great, she was in a class of 3 and I talked the ears off a couple who I asked if I could join and then I promptly invited myself for coffee. Their two boys go to the same school and they live in the suburb we want to be in, so have given me their phone number and are keeping their eyes out for me. They also informed me that I had to get a dog lisence, just a small matter I'd overlooked. Thier little boy is in the same tennis class as littlen', so when we drop them off next week, I'm going for coffee..she has no idea............she enters the Twilight Zone

After the swimming there was free play, which she inisted on staying for, for an hour!! - she liked playing with the boys!! oh no..........They have a great coffee shop, so that poor couple were stuck with me for another hour.

Got back and madam persuaded me to cook her a roast dinner!!. So in between phoning Warren, getting her bath ready, washing her hair, boiling potatoes to roast, unpacking the car, unpacking her school back, helping her with her homework, I managed to marinade some strips of steak and make some guacamole for my tea, which I will cook when I have finished this. I flamin' buggared. As I sit here I find myself wanting to just crawl into bed, 'cos I know tommorrow is going to be interesting. Oh and inbetween all this I got a disposable camera so I can take some picks of the little fellow for you and went to Warren's cousins for a chat and tea. Funnily my jaws don't ache, years of practise.

So when I'd finished wrapping her presents and filling in the calander I realised we now only have 2 nights when she's not doing something Tues - horseriding, Wed- Tennis, Thurs - walking cousins dog, Fri- swimming, Sat- Gymnastics, like girl, where's ya Mum gonna fit in her life??. Not to mentin trying to get the poo machine to aim right - poor little fellow he's entering a mad house. I don't actually mind one bit, keeps me out of mischief and somewhere along the line, it's puppy classes.

Don't have the eating problem with madam anymore, can't keep up with her, she's now having 3 rounds of toast for supper, a snack when she gets in and she has just eaten 9 roasties, a hunk of steak, carrots and peas, I'd have struggled ooo and then an iced donut and a bowl of strawberries.

Speaking of food, strawberries are wonderful, like nothing you will have tasted, avacados are pretty good to, meat excellent and cheap, deli's are great and all my Uk comfort foods have been replaced. It's been great fun trying new stuff at the deli's and they are big in all the anti pasta stuff. Yes and I am going to try the pecan pie at The Cheesecake Shop.

I have the occassional thought in the day, that catches me and I think of something in the uk, but I try and replace it with a positive one and it is so far working. If the house sells soon I shall be over the moon, as the only real thing I am missing is Warren. Having said that, I am soooooooooooooooooo glad this is the way we have gone about it, It really has forced me into making the effort and I have achieved in a short space of time, far more than I ever thought I would and it's been far less painful.

Better go now as my tummy is starting to rumble. I remember declaring, before I came, that if I was bored I would make myself do 3 things a day. God how I wish I only had 3 things to do.

Jill

Speaking of me, this glam image I had of me swanning around getting my bnails done and my hair, hasn't quiet materialised yet

Old Jul 30th 2004, 1:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

LOL! Well done Jill, keep up the good work!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh Jill
I nearly split my sides laughing when I read your posts you are so bright anf funny.

Glad it is going well. Keep em coming
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have you met yourself coming back yet Jill? Hectic or what!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.