Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Highway Code

Australian Highway Code

Old Jul 4th 2004, 4:28 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tmichael
Looking at the licence regs there is reference to surrendering your UK licence when taking out the Oz one. There is a proviso that it can be retained if good reason. Anybody any experience of doing this? Reluctant to surrender UK on because so difficult to get new one if ever needed.

I have a NSW licence and still my UK one.

My Aussie hubby had to give in his UK one to get his Aussie one again !
Old Jul 4th 2004, 4:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by tmichael
Looking at the licence regs there is reference to surrendering your UK licence when taking out the Oz one. There is a proviso that it can be retained if good reason. Anybody any experience of doing this? Reluctant to surrender UK on because so difficult to get new one if ever needed.
Before you leave the UK, just request a copy of your licence, on the basis you can't find it, then you have two copies, one to hand to the OZ licence people and one to keep for possible future use.

My wife started with an OZ licence, got a UK one, by showing the OZ one, and now, back in OZ, has both.

Register your UK one at a relatives ? UK address though.

Old Jul 4th 2004, 5:28 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

The easiest way to ;learn the australian highway code (we got the book from the library but it is quite difficult to sort out - not just questions and an swers with descriptions like the uk one)

Therefore we found this site
** Please note I do not have a 'squiggle' on my keyboard (the one over the 'hash' key) so have put a '*' instead you will have to change it.

(also not www. in this site)

http://day.uws.edu.au/*97070694/car-c.pdf

This gives youy 109 pages of all the questions which can be asked on the test and the correct answer.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Now that the VicRoads site is back, there link you need to buy the handbook for the test in Victoria is http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/VRbsCat.nsf/CatalogByCategory/E4048E097CC381F0CA256BF300064201!OpenDocument

Last edited by WhiteRose; Jul 4th 2004 at 7:39 am.