Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Originally Posted by Stephen

My outlook? The Aussie will gain parity against the USD within 12 months sending the sterling rate against the Aussie well below the AUD$2.00 rate. Say 1.80-2.00 for your pound.

This isnt my advice just my guess based on watching the markets for three years and working in finances for 10.

Do your own research, as usual.

I concur with this. I think there is a 75%-80% chance the GBP will be lower - perhaps significantly - against the AUD and USD in 12 months time. There will of course be ups and downs on the way, so look out for the peaks when you exchange.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

$1.80 to $2.00

I hope i get the skilled indepedant visa as i can go over and get that stamped so it lasts 5 years.

I know people will say 'you cant miss what you never had'
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:00 am
Just Joined

thedoctor is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course one very strong reason for the Oz Dollar increasing in value is that age old maxim of markets – demand. If fewer people want something it tends to have a lesser value. If more of a thing (currency) is wanted it will tend to have a greater value. It is not that anyone necessarily wants less Sterling, Britain’s foreign trade still commands a high level of need for Sterling to settle trading accounts. It is however, a fact that given the very high demand for Australia’s minerals there is a very high demand for the Australian Dollar with which to settle trading accounts. So, the value of the Oz Dollar has a bit more to do with the demand of rapidly growing economies (as well as the rest of the world developed economies) for raw materials than it has to do with individuals shifting their cash to higher interest rate economies such as Oz. But introducing a bit of politics, give the Labor Government a couple of years and who knows what may happen – watch this space!!!:curse:
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

oh well just thought i'd let you all know the exchange rate is now

Cannot believe it, lets hope it goes up again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I just sent some cash over and guess what rate I got?

dont, i had a big pay day end of last month, holding out for something better but cant see it happening anytime soon
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:11 am
Just Joined

thedoctor is an unknown quantity at this point

A very significant reason for Sterling losing value is of course the UK Labour Governments fight to keep British exports competitive - low exchenge rate means low export prices. The problem is it also means high import prices which of course cuts back on peoples spending and tends to hold down inflation.
Another very important reason to those politicains who would like to see Britain without its own currency is the little matter of convergence with the Euro. Whilst the Pound has lost something like 25% of its value against the US Dollar and Aussie Dollar the Euro has increased its value against Sterling by 30% over the past 18 months or so. The closer the Euro gets to the Pound the easier and cheaper for Europe will be the convergence of both currencies.
Of course the losers as always are those who make the wealth - Joe Soap - poor sods!
The Doctor:curse::curse:
Old May 30th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

gavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura about

OK all maybe some good news for those going to Aus.
I have heard a rumour that the Aussie is ready to fall.
My information was correct when I was told the Aussie was going to get very strong so change a few pounds, after hearing this today I have changed my dollars back.
I changed £10,000 and got $25,000, changed $25,000 and got £12,000, easiest £2000 I have earned this year.

Just thought I would give a few a heads up so they don’t lose loads.

Gav
Old May 30th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Originally Posted by gavbro
My information was correct when I was told the Aussie was going to get very strong so change a few pounds, after hearing this today I have changed my dollars back.
I changed £10,000 and got $25,000, changed $25,000 and got £12,000, easiest £2000 I have earned this year.

Gav
any indication when this is going to happen??

Sharon
Old May 30th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by gavbro

Gav
Hmm interesting maybe time to change back my aussie dollars also!?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:54 am
Just Joined

gavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura about

When will this happen?
If you watch the rate you will have noticed it doing up already, although only a little.
My information is that it will slowly creep up and then with a big jump.
Best to do it now and let others know as well.

Gav
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It'll be 2.4 in September.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Just exchange the lot stick it in an Aussie bond (high interest
account)
get bags of interest then exchange it back when you feel its rising

Aint it what are japan freinds are doing carrie trade?

Last edited by stariston; Jun 1st 2008 at 11:10 am.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It'll be 2.4 in September.
And you also know the lotto numbers for next week
Old Jun 1st 2008, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cj321
And you also know the lotto numbers for next week
Nah! That's a lottery. Literally!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

g.gary32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

Being looking at what eveyone is saying about there exchange rates and i have being getting the best advice I have heard for along time from my broker at Excel Currencies..

Firstly the main thing he mentioned was that there is 2 ways of buying currency one is at the right time and the other is the last minute.

I have done a few trades through Excel and I have found there way of doing things much better then anyone else.

I now always have my money sitting in there account ready to trade instead of doing it at the last minute. This has allowed me on a couple of occassions to achieve the high of the day and in one case I achieved the high of the week,

The main thing they offer is called a group booking, they simply put my money together with loads of other peoples money and buy a bulk amount from the market, it has worked out pretty well over the last few trades I have done with them.

To be honest I think the key is to find the right Broker and not so much the right company. My guy at excel just keeps things simple for me and that the way I like it or as he put it

"Let me do the worrying for you"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.