Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:44 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia is too bloody far away....from everything

Originally Posted by Dorothy
See post #353
cool
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Plastic Scouse
I know it may be difficult for you to do joined up thinking but try to read the first sentence again
The purpose of this website is I assume to help potential and actual immigrants from Britain to Australia
I think that potential british migrants should be made very aware of boorish people like yourself
If you wish to help potential British migrants to actually go to Australia I think you should help your country by desisting from writing Anti British rants and using foul language
Begs the question why on earth you wish to engage with British people with the chips you are carrying but I suppose you like to see how a cultured conversation is generated ? Or simply you like to look at what we are saying about Australia ?
What help are you giving to British immigrants?
Apologies if this is a rather long missive for you to read.
wow

they owe nothing
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I'm still wondering why former South Africans are not better regarded in OZ?

The arrogance and superiority label often being cited as a reason, unfairly with exceptions I'd have thought.

Actually witnessed a number of Poms giving it back or starting it leaving Aussies speechless on occasions. Poms being better in general at verbals.
Herman the German's back for some more

I don't know as I'm not a 'former South African' - I'm a current South African. Maybe you should go and ask them

I'm still wondering why Germans are thought of as arrogant, aloof, opinionated and unfriendly. Stereotypical maybe but I'm sure that htere are exceptions
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Gooday Miz Moneypenney
Sorry if you misunderstood my posts but I have been taking advice from a girl who works in the Alloha cafe
Seems the spelling is wrong in that Aloha means " affection peace compassion and mercy in Hawaii "
But I digress the young girl who worked serving tables ( moved to washing dishes as she is rather hard faced and potty mouthed ) told me ;-
"If an Aussie bites you s..t ! give it back with interest "
I do not know if her advice is good in that it tends to generate actually more heat and antagonism ?
I quite like Dads army the British Broadcasting Corporations comedy series
" they don't like it up them do they " ?
Pike I think
As I long serving moderator do you have any idea why over a third of migrants from Britain return ? Seems a waste for both Australia's point of view and indeed for the people returning.
You've got issues champ
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Plastic Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still wondering why former South Africans are not better regarded in OZ?

The arrogance and superiority label often being cited as a reason, unfairly with exceptions I'd have thought.

Actually witnessed a number of Poms giving it back or starting it leaving Aussies speechless on occasions. Poms being better in general at verbals.
The South Africans like Australian are beneficiaries of a British cultural inheritance in that they can speak English ( and indeed Afrikaans) are usually well educated well mannered and independently minded
Probably can answer back with ease, not acceptable for the local population to swallow I assume?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I got called a convict, a thief, a criminal at some hick pub in West Sussex by a bunch of odd hillbilly farmers last night ......... that's OK, it was such a poor attempt its almost laughable.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 7:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I got called a convict, a thief, a criminal at some hick pub in West Sussex by a bunch of odd hillbilly farmers last night ......... that's OK, it was such a poor attempt its almost laughable.
Of course you did
Old Feb 1st 2015, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Herman the German's back for some more

I don't know as I'm not a 'former South African' - I'm a current South African. Maybe you should go and ask them

I'm still wondering why Germans are thought of as arrogant, aloof, opinionated and unfriendly. Stereotypical maybe but I'm sure that htere are exceptions
You could always enlighten yourself and discover the stereotypical rants of certain South Africans wouldn't for one second cut the mustard in a country like Germany. I'm afraid not being the most adaptable folk would likely be very unhappy there probably for the better. Packing for Perth remaining the least challenging of possible options for those turning their back and fleeing their homeland.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

The South Africans like Australian are beneficiaries of a British cultural inheritance in that they can speak English ( and indeed Afrikaans) are usually well educated well mannered and independently minded
Probably can answer back with ease, not acceptable for the local population to swallow I assume?
I do have knowledge of the country. (RSA) More from times back but have made a few visits during the past decade or so.

In fact I rather admire the sense of individual freedom still apparent there sadly lost with laws and regulations in Australia these days.

Indeed know a fellow that looked at moving to Australia and this lack of freedom put him off moving over.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I've met many Germans who are the epitomy of a cultured and well-mannered and thoughtful nation. Often conscientious. Perhaps, (it's hard to articulate) not as quirky as the Anglo-Saxons but there is a certain beauty and cohesion in their mindset. In the field of classical music I have met some fine 'operators' who very much get the joke.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:34 am
Proudly Deplorable

You could always enlighten yourself and discover the stereotypical rants of certain South Africans wouldn't for one second cut the mustard in a country like Germany. I'm afraid not being the most adaptable folk would likely be very unhappy there probably for the better. Packing for Perth remaining the least challenging of possible options for those turning their back and fleeing their homeland.
If you say so Herman
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't pay any attention to the plazzy Scouser - they're called plastic for a reason
Old Feb 1st 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Plastic Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey La
I resemble dat remark!
Hope you never walk alone
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hey La
I resemble dat remark!
Hope you never walk alone
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you say so Herman
Telling how it is as well you know Heinrich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.