Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Aussie (moved from Welcome Inn)

Aussie Aussie (moved from Welcome Inn)

Old Apr 16th 2015, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Aussie (moved from Welcome Inn)

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Knowledge is about to be imparted on your asses - you're welcome

Human Development Index (HDI) (UN) 2014:
1 Norway
2 Australia
6 Germany
7 New Zealand
14 UK

Per Capita GDP (Nominal) (IMF) 2014:
1 Luxembourg $111716
5 Australia $61219
17 Germany $47589
18 UK $45653
20 New Zealand $43837

Life Expectancy (WHO) 2012:
1 Japan 86.2
9 Australia 83
13 New Zealand 82.1
22 Germany 81
28 UK 81

Average Household Disposable Income (OECD) 2013:
1 USA $39531
4 Australia $31197
6 Germany $30721
13 UK $25828
21 New Zealand $21773

etc
Disposable income. Thats the average man's wealth. Interesting to see USA on top but then again not really a great surprise.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Where in the world do you get the cheapest iPhone 6 or pair of Adidas trainers? | Business | The Guardian

Sydney and Melbourne hold their places among 10 most expensive cities | Australia news | The Guardian

Haven lived in Sydney, Perth and London. Sydney is, in my opinion a LOT more expensive than London and Perth isnt far behind Sydney. Cant comment on Melbourne
Your second link uses exchange rates which is why Sydney keeps falling down the list. So does your first link. Best use a method where you use local earnings in that city against costs.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Disposable income. Thats the average man's wealth. Interesting to see USA on top but then again not really a great surprise.
It's a good measure but the most important one is HDI as it's a combination of standard of living, life expectancy and education standards
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see these stats. Please produce and I will send you the link on this site for the study I did between Sydney and London. Or search for it yourself. I do it every few years. For me and my wife, Sydney is cheaper. For the average salary earner in Sydney and London, Sydney is cheaper.

Its in my interest to do so. If London was better value for money I'd be back in a flash.

Sprout all the fear you want, at least have the decency to back it up.
I didn't say London was better value. Both Sydney and London are shot for average middle class people. Melbourne and Perth are not far behind either.

Not fear but reality. That being of course Australia is a rather poor deal of recent years. Way overpriced cities which are growing at rates among the fastest in the developed world.

If want to talk about decency try widening your world view somewhat and get a grip on the reality of what is really happening in Australia.
I am searching the majority of jobs going to foreigners in my files which are a little chaotic. Not to say time consuming. Regardless at the moment not having that material on hand all else commented on Australia is right on the ball.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's a good measure but the most important one is HDI as it's a combination of standard of living, life expectancy and education standards
Yet Australians have among the highest personal debt in the world.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your second link uses exchange rates which is why Sydney keeps falling down the list. So does your first link. Best use a method where you use local earnings in that city against costs.
Sydney is hardly affordable for the average young professional let alone anyone else.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With massive disparity though. Hardly an example or something to aspire to. In fact sections of the middle class are seeing declining standards in America.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

90% of jobs in one quarter (3 months) going to 'foreigners'?? That's a nonsense figure.

Maybe 90% of sponsored jobs (eg 457 visas) - but you'd expect that
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Yet Australians have among the highest personal debt in the world.
Yet life goes on

Deal with it
Old Apr 18th 2015, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't say London was better value. Both Sydney and London are shot for average middle class people. Melbourne and Perth are not far behind either.

Not fear but reality. That being of course Australia is a rather poor deal of recent years. Way overpriced cities which are growing at rates among the fastest in the developed world.

If want to talk about decency try widening your world view somewhat and get a grip on the reality of what is really happening in Australia.
I am searching the majority of jobs going to foreigners in my files which are a little chaotic. Not to say time consuming. Regardless at the moment not having that material on hand all else commented on Australia is right on the ball.
No stats. No street cred.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With massive disparity though. Hardly an example or something to aspire to. In fact sections of the middle class are seeing declining standards in America.
Are they? Any stats.

You need to branch beyond Perth fella. Not all parts of the world suffer from boom and bust.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No stats. No street cred.
There are stats all over the net. Your problem is you only want to stay in denial. Fine by me others may though seek the real picture which is increasingly grim.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are they? Any stats.

You need to branch beyond Perth fella. Not all parts of the world suffer from boom and bust.
No but OZ does and especially WA. Australia most expensive country in the world. I am sure you are able to find the link. Fella.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are stats all over the net. Your problem is you only want to stay in denial. Fine by me others may though seek the real picture which is increasingly grim.
Ha ha ha. Really. I read the net. I love facts. Please provide and I will agree with your point of view.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ha ha ha. Really. I read the net. I love facts. Please provide and I will agree with your point of view.
Which is why I deal in widely researched knowledge. Not ideology as you. I recall your comments regarding the banksters of clear evidence where you are coming from.

Anyway concerning the matter at hand. Immigration experts Dr Bob Birrell and Dr Ernest Healy both wrote in the Sydney Morning Herald on August 7 2014, consulting my file on the matter of job growth since 2011 favouring migrants in numbers suggested.

But just to underline. I don't seek either your approval or endorsement of the facts displayed here. You can of course if confident enough show a link to disprove something I write if able to do so rather than pass silly little comments. Otherwise just admit you've got it all wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.