Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:03 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Quitting Aus due to High Cost of Living

Originally Posted by lumpommer
It makes quite a few relative points though and there are a lot of people on here in denial unfortunately

what relative points?

Why would unhappy people be in denial
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:18 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

The comments sum it up for me matey

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:21 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

That's right. It's relevant to some but not all mate and like I said, no right, no wrong. Some prefer UK some prefer Aus......such is life
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:23 pm
Love Machine

lumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of lightlumpommer is a glorious beacon of light

its seems like 80% seem to prefer the UK though matey so i guess you have to go with the majority

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:36 pm

its seems like 80% seem to prefer the UK though matey so i guess you have to go with the majority

where did you get that figure from? Did you make it up again

you're not in wind up mode again are you mate
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:12 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

The comments are what make the article worth reading
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:13 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

I think I can see where people are coming from when they say they are better migrants - but are they really so?
By the privilege of birth place I guess they'd argue they have more education and skill to offer the work force but there are plenty who are accepting benefits over in Australia and complaining about immigration into the UK who are shockingly blind to their hypocrisy - tribalism is a sad human trait and it's great that many can lift themselves beyond it.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:22 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree, they show a photo of a big flash detached house in Australia and some pokey little terrace in the UK for balance, you have to love the Daily Fail.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
What a flaky piece of crap reporting - my kids could have done better

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
By the privilege of birth place I guess they'd argue they have more education and skill to offer the work force but there are plenty who are accepting benefits over in Australia and complaining about immigration into the UK who are shockingly blind to their hypocrisy - tribalism is a sad human trait and it's great that many can lift themselves beyond it.
If people choose not to see the difference between invited migrants in a sparcely populated country versus uninvited migrants in an overcrowded one then that is their problem, not mine.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:35 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
you have to love the Daily Fail.
This was sent to another expat forum.
Shows how in depth their research is.

I'm a reporter at the Daily Mail newspaper in London and we're running a story in tomorrow's newspaper about British expats who move to Australia but return to the UK. It's following the release of a survey which says more Brits are coming home to Oz after a couple of years rather than staying out there for good. We're looking for a case study of someone who decided Australia wasn't for them and came back home.

I was hoping you guys might know of someone who fits the bill and might like to be interviewed by us really quickly this evening (Nov 1). I appreciate it's really short notice but if anyone does spring to mind, please do drop me a line.

All best wishes,
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Mail = a Beano for adults
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It makes quite a few relative points though and there are a lot of people on here in denial unfortunately

Maybe - but it's a matter of injustice to impose this view on other people who it may not apply to - to be safe, I would offer that some people are happy, others aren't; it's working for some, not for others.

In the past, people broadly declaring that 'people are in denial' as if most people who like living in Australia must be wrong and by definition in denial is wicked and in my opinion goes against one of the tenants of civilized people - that they have the right to self-determination.
Of course, people must know it does not apply to all - but it's the sort of thing that is dangerous on BE.

This is the thing I find wrong about BE. A level of what you might call ignorance in other areas. And that's before we argue or debate specifics - whether objectively, or subjectively.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Nov 3rd 2011 at 12:46 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Maybe - but it's a matter of injustice to impose this view on other people who it may not apply to - to be safe, I would offer that some people are happy, others aren't; it's working for some, not for others.

In the past, people broadly declaring that 'people are in denial' as if most people who like living in Australia must be wrong and by definition in denial is wicked and in my opinion goes against one of the tenants of civilized people - that they have the right to self-determination.
Of course, people must know it does not apply to all - but it's the sort of thing that is dangerous on BE.

This is the thing I find wrong about BE. A level of what you might call ignorance in other areas. And that's before we argue or debate specifics - whether objectively, or subjectively.
Most of the reasons for returning are subjective though don't you think. Also, why are people who are happy here that weren't in the UK in denial. Surely if you apply the same reasoning the people who are unhappy in Australia and happy in the UK are somehow rubbishing Australia to make themselves feel comfortable with their decisions to return home. No of course, the doomers don't think that reasoning would apply to them, they are far to intellectual for that. Whereas us uneducated, uncultured halfwits who like Australia are in denial. Amazing
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 12:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Whereas us uneducated, uncultured halfwits who like Australia are in denial.
Have you just "come out"?
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
This was sent to another expat forum.
Shows how in depth their research is.

I'm a reporter at the Daily Mail newspaper in London and we're running a story in tomorrow's newspaper about British expats who move to Australia but return to the UK. It's following the release of a survey which says more Brits are coming home to Oz after a couple of years rather than staying out there for good. We're looking for a case study of someone who decided Australia wasn't for them and came back home.

I was hoping you guys might know of someone who fits the bill and might like to be interviewed by us really quickly this evening (Nov 1). I appreciate it's really short notice but if anyone does spring to mind, please do drop me a line.

All best wishes,
Well spotted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.