Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Irish.chick.to.Aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Northern Ireland immigrating to Oz?

Originally Posted by ajmonty
How's everyone doing, weather in Norn Iron really cold and windy!!

Getting the house ready to be put on the market after Christmas, see if there's any interest?

Its hard work trying to de-clutter, have much more stuff than I thought? Then Santa will arrive and deliver more!!
Its hailstones currently at my house!! Makes Aus and the good weather seem even more inviting at times like this. I was back in Belfast last week and it was even colder.

Planning a trip out to Aus in February to see if that will help me get work and also to visit some of the cities to decide where to live. Wish it was tomorrow!!

Happy Christmas
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish.chick.to.Aus
Its hailstones currently at my house!! Makes Aus and the good weather seem even more inviting at times like this. I was back in Belfast last week and it was even colder.

Planning a trip out to Aus in February to see if that will help me get work and also to visit some of the cities to decide where to live. Wish it was tomorrow!!

Happy Christmas
We had hailstones the other day, and this is summer! It's not wall to wall sunshine, trust me. We currently live in Toowoomba, where there was an 'inland tsunami' on January 10th this year! Not wanting to put a 'dampener' on things, but just letting you know! In saying that, we've been here 22 months now and we're both loving it, it was the best move ever. I miss NI, don't get me wrong, but I don't miss all of the 'negative stuff' that comes with living there. I'm back in NI in March for my first wee holiday, quite looking forward to it, it'll be interesting if nothing else, and hopefully further reinforce my thoughts about how superb Australia is! Good luck everyone xo
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish.chick.to.Aus

Happy Christmas
Hey Irish chick, what sort of visa will you be travelling on in February?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Hello everyone!

Hope you had a good christmas?

We have had some house valuations this week so will have the 'For Sale' sign in the garden by the end of this week.

Have been stressing today trying to get quotes to take our 15mth old dog to Australia, but a lot of companies only take them from UK, so have to research some more, either way it will be around £2500

Whats everyone else up to?

andrea xx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Andrea,

I've been back in Bangor for 6 days now, here for another week - It's freezing! Don't know how you cope. My dad died Thursday, getting buried tomorrow and I head back to Oz early hours of next Saturday morning - will be a hard journey to make but I have my family patiently waiting at the other end for me.

Lynn xx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant futureajmonty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Andrea,

I've been back in Bangor for 6 days now, here for another week - It's freezing! Don't know how you cope. My dad died Thursday, getting buried tomorrow and I head back to Oz early hours of next Saturday morning - will be a hard journey to make but I have my family patiently waiting at the other end for me.

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Sorry to hear of your loss, its good you could come back, my sister and brother came back from Australia the day before my dad died, we really think he was waiting for them.

The weather has been quite mild until yesterday, you are used to Australian weather lol

Have a safe journey home
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Hi Just thought I'd send a wee post to your thread, we're from N'Abbey and lived in Perth for over 4 years, been back now for 2 years and seriously thinking of heading out again, for the work more than anything (and maybe the sunshine & beaches too! lol)
Shaz x
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:32 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Shaz&Dee
Hi Just thought I'd send a wee post to your thread, we're from N'Abbey and lived in Perth for over 4 years, been back now for 2 years and seriously thinking of heading out again, for the work more than anything (and maybe the sunshine & beaches too! lol)
Shaz x
If you don't mind me asking, what made you go back?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Shaz x
Hi Shaz&Dee

welcome! how easy would it be to go back, visa still open? I came from N'abbey, went to Glengormley High School!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Shaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to allShaz&Dee is a name known to all

Hi, we'd have to apply for our RRV's as our visa's ran out last year I think! I've them all filled in ready for the post.....just need about £900 to send with them!
I went to GHS too lol!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, we'd have to apply for our RRV's as our visa's ran out last year I think! I've them all filled in ready for the post.....just need about £900 to send with them!
I went to GHS too lol!
There's always money involved, when visas are concerned! We are in process of trying to sell the house, hopefully be in Melbourne Sept this year.

I left school 1988, a long time ago !
Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jen1977ni, a few things eventually made our minds up about returning home, my OHs mum passed away which really hit us hard, work was going bad and one of my kids had been beating up and robbed 4 days after Xmas and my other 2 kids couldn't even go out to play for fear of bullying. There were also a few other things going on.
It just seemed to be one thing after another, the kids weren't happy, we weren't happy and once we'd made the decision to come back it was like a weight had lifted from our shoulders.
Now we've been back 2 years, the grief has eased, the kids have grew up and have now been asking when we're going back!
So for now the decision is still early days, who's knows what will happen next week!

Ajmonty.....I left in 1987....really long time ago lol
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:21 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni, a few things eventually made our minds up about returning home, my OHs mum passed away which really hit us hard, work was going bad and one of my kids had been beating up and robbed 4 days after Xmas and my other 2 kids couldn't even go out to play for fear of bullying. There were also a few other things going on.
It just seemed to be one thing after another, the kids weren't happy, we weren't happy and once we'd made the decision to come back it was like a weight had lifted from our shoulders.
Now we've been back 2 years, the grief has eased, the kids have grew up and have now been asking when we're going back!
So for now the decision is still early days, who's knows what will happen next week!

Ajmonty.....I left in 1987....really long time ago lol
WOW, you went thru a lot! Would u go back to the same state or try another this time?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

We'd go back to Perth, all my family are over there which helps and we know the area pretty well, I don't think I could do the whole 'emigrating to a new place' again....getting too long in the tooth for that now lol
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:07 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

We'd go back to Perth, all my family are over there which helps and we know the area pretty well, I don't think I could do the whole 'emigrating to a new place' again....getting too long in the tooth for that now lol
Cool, well keep us posted on how it all goes xo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.