Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Kent/South East

Anyone in Kent/South East

Old May 16th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in Kent/South East

Originally Posted by seat151
again, slightly off topic - but what estate agents have you used?

We are having some in over this weekend
We were with Edmund but totally do NOT recommend them as their communication was crap...i had to constantly phone them for feedback etc and they are basically useless. so we have ditched them.

gonna try cockburns i think.

Nickie
Old May 17th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi all

seen you are having a meet at badgers mount pub on monday bank holiday end of may is the offer open to all , is it during the day and are the kids going ( we have 3 boys ) we are in green street green and have just applied so would be nice to meet up with people further down the line than us so we can pick up a few tips . if yes then our friends from around here will also come along as they have just applied as well

best kelly
Old May 17th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi all

seen you are having a meet at badgers mount pub on monday bank holiday end of may is the offer open to all , is it during the day and are the kids going ( we have 3 boys ) we are in green street green and have just applied so would be nice to meet up with people further down the line than us so we can pick up a few tips . if yes then our friends from around here will also come along as they have just applied as well

best kelly

Of course it is open to all! Look forward to seeing you all. People bring the kids, they play outside and get on together. Normally in the pub for a couple of hours, fingers crossed its going to be a nice sunny day.

The worst bit is walking around the pub, trying to work out what table is the one full of people waiting to leave the country!
Old May 17th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

EXCELLENT looks like the 26th may is defo then.
Will be good seeing you all again and of course all are welcome we're a friendly bunch, more the merrier, ah and kids most welcome too Like seat151 said they usually end up all playing in the garden.

Shall we say 12noon, usual time eh.
Old May 18th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
We were with Edmund but totally do NOT recommend them as their communication was crap...i had to constantly phone them for feedback etc and they are basically useless. so we have ditched them.

gonna try cockburns i think.

Nickie
We had 3 estate agents round at the weekend.

Robinson Jackson were rubbish, just went on about al the negatives and wanted to put our house up for sale a good £30K below its value. Parris were ok, but they are only a local small agent. Mann Countrywide were the best, but the most expensive to sell with. Going to wander round the estate agents today, to get another couple in.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
EXCELLENT looks like the 26th may is defo then.
Will be good seeing you all again and of course all are welcome we're a friendly bunch, more the merrier, ah and kids most welcome too Like seat151 said they usually end up all playing in the garden.

Shall we say 12noon, usual time eh.
Sounds good to us. See you all there.

Nickie
Old May 18th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

We had 3 estate agents round at the weekend.

Robinson Jackson were rubbish, just went on about al the negatives and wanted to put our house up for sale a good £30K below its value. Parris were ok, but they are only a local small agent. Mann Countrywide were the best, but the most expensive to sell with. Going to wander round the estate agents today, to get another couple in.
We have just gone on with Robson Jackson and we told him how much the house was valued for with other estate agents and thats what we wanna put it on for, we thought he was really nice, Steve i think his name was.
Hes coming round tomorrow to take pics, and we agreed on a fixed fee.
Forget Edmund they are crap, Procters are quite good but i offended the young chap by telling him he didnt sell his company to me so he got a bit huffy!! well i aint gonna lie

Linay and shipp are supposed to be good, but they a small company.

Its a tricky one aint it, shame we cant all just advertise on the 'Return to the UK' forum and have a special thread. haha

anyway, let us know how you get on.

Nickie
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, the house is now up for sale and we have a viewer at midday on Saturday already.
Old May 24th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, the house is now up for sale and we have a viewer at midday on Saturday already.
Excellant, who are you up with? we have gone dual agency with robinson-jackson and Edmund cos the guy from edmund came round begging us to take them back on...so i said "we are not paying you 2% for dual agents, you sell you get .9% and if they sell they get their fixed fee of £3500!!

He accepted that but said that as we hadnt been with them for 12 weeks robinson-jackson were breaking estate agents code of some crap or other.
Kev politly pointed out that Edmund was in my name and robinson-jackson was in his!!! The guy didnt know what to say!! haha

good luck with your viewer.
are you still coming mon?

Nickie
Old May 24th 2008, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Excellant, who are you up with? we have gone dual agency with robinson-jackson and Edmund cos the guy from edmund came round begging us to take them back on...so i said "we are not paying you 2% for dual agents, you sell you get .9% and if they sell they get their fixed fee of £3500!!

He accepted that but said that as we hadnt been with them for 12 weeks robinson-jackson were breaking estate agents code of some crap or other.
Kev politly pointed out that Edmund was in my name and robinson-jackson was in his!!! The guy didnt know what to say!! haha

good luck with your viewer.
are you still coming mon?

Nickie

Hi Nickie
Not sure how much help this is, but we were living in orp before we moved out here. We had a few agents round before we took anyone on. We ended up going with Andrew Reeves,they were really good on the whole. They sent people along as soon as we gave them the go ahead. OH had made them add a bit into the terms and conditions saying that if we wernt happy with them after 6 weeks we would ditch them,as opposed to the normal 12. They wernt happy with it,but did agree in the end. Sure its why they got moving as quick as they did.
Good luck with whoever u choose,and hope it sells quick
Debbie x
Old May 26th 2008, 9:43 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't make it today but it was a bad day for me and with the nasty weather I just stayed in bed so sorry guys hope you all had a good time
Old May 27th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asher
Sorry I didn't make it today but it was a bad day for me and with the nasty weather I just stayed in bed so sorry guys hope you all had a good time
Hi, it was good, quiet, there was us, Jim (Seat151) and kelly and Jay.

Weather was rubbish werent it...but what do we expect on a bank holiday leading into half term week??? :curse:

Hope you ok.

Nickie
Old May 27th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really niceKelsey37 is just really nice

Originally Posted by asher

Hi asher,

like Nickie said it was a quiet meet but to be honest I really enjoyed it, tho you were missed hun.
Hope your having a better day today.

Maybe see you at the next meet.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, it was good, quiet, there was us, Jim (Seat151) and kelly and Jay.

Weather was rubbish werent it...but what do we expect on a bank holiday leading into half term week??? :curse:

Hope you ok.

Nickie
Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Hi asher,

like Nickie said it was a quiet meet but to be honest I really enjoyed it, tho you were missed hun.
Hope your having a better day today.

Maybe see you at the next meet.

Thanks both of you hopefully I may miss the next meet or at least it will be my last fingers crossed. Glad you had a good time wish I could have been there my son was happy to take me as he was playing golf nearby but I just felt rotten so sorry
Old May 28th 2008, 2:50 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say I'm glad you all had a nice time the other day, despite the weather. Can't remember what we did - mooched about & got depressed I think D'you reckon that's it, we've had our summer now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.