Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone emigrating from Northern Ireland

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Siobhan,

I cant believe its only 2 weeks until you go? Are you excited? I feel like I'm living someone else's life!!! It's all very strange. Living with my MIL is fine, she has dinner ready for me coming home from work - only thing I had to ask her was - not to do my washing, I dont want her lifting my underwear etc We leave 2 weeks after you, can't believe it's come around so quickly. Where are you flying from?

Paul finishes work this Friday and I finish the next week. Cora and I are going to Ballyconnell, Co Cavan this weekend with a friend from work and her daughter to stay in her mums apartment, looking forward to that (plenty of wine!!!!!!!!!).

Please stay in touch after we get there, maybe we will be able to meet up at some point.

Enjoy the last couple of weeks in NI - hope the weather stays nice for our remaining time here

Lynn xx
Hi lynn how are you, it does feel a bit strange, I just said to Mark, I cant believe Im going to be living over there in 2 weeks. Can you believe youre going soon.
we are flying with singapore airlines.
How are youre tennants getting on, at least you will have a few weeks, to keep an eye on things, do you know them?
Ours move in the day we leave, so I hope everything will be ok.
Have a lovely time in Cavan with Cora, it gives it to warm up again, not sure about rain, hopefully not.
I went to Donegal last week with sister and mum and kids, it was nice to do. Hopefully their wee cousins wont forget it.
Started cancelling things to-day, have to get organised, as probably will have a lot to do once jenny gets results.
Do you find the time is flying now?
Going out with close friends tomorrow night for a meal, there wont be to much drink, as we are still recovering from surprize party on Friday night, didnt get home till 4.30
keep in touch siobhan.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi lynn how are you, it does feel a bit strange, I just said to Mark, I cant believe Im going to be living over there in 2 weeks. Can you believe youre going soon.
we are flying with singapore airlines.
How are youre tennants getting on, at least you will have a few weeks, to keep an eye on things, do you know them?
Ours move in the day we leave, so I hope everything will be ok.
Have a lovely time in Cavan with Cora, it gives it to warm up again, not sure about rain, hopefully not.
I went to Donegal last week with sister and mum and kids, it was nice to do. Hopefully their wee cousins wont forget it.
Started cancelling things to-day, have to get organised, as probably will have a lot to do once jenny gets results.
Do you find the time is flying now?
Going out with close friends tomorrow night for a meal, there wont be to much drink, as we are still recovering from surprize party on Friday night, didnt get home till 4.30
keep in touch siobhan.
hi every one, hows things?

just came back from great holiday on monday and guess what..........
sold the house yesterday!!!
a different cash buyer that are ready to move in, so all could happen in a month!!!
just got to get a rental but think theres one just down the road from us coming up so happy days
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by camacazi

a different cash buyer that are ready to move in, so all could happen in a month!!!
just got to get a rental but think theres one just down the road from us coming up so happy days

Welcome back Congrats on the house sale No sign of the visa when you came home?

Lynn xx
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

You lucky thing, sooooo dont envy you or anything lol, roll on the visa grant

Gillian
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by markandgill
You lucky thing, sooooo dont envy you or anything lol, roll on the visa grant

Gillian
don't think we'll hear anything about visa until xmas, still medicals to do.

no luck with your house then gill, any viewings?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

don't think we'll hear anything about visa until xmas, still medicals to do.

no luck with your house then gill, any viewings?
No luck with house at all, still no viewers, that is now a full year since we have had a viewer, dont know what else to do, Mark spoke to both estate agents yesterday to see what is going on and to get a bit of advice, one told us not to lower our price any more as it isnt over priced and the other who we have no faith in anyway said we need to lower again!!!!! But that is always their answer anyway.

We just cant understand why we arent getting any viewers, it must be something about Larne, there isnt anything selling, although both estate agents said 1st time buyers were starting to look again, so lets hope eh

Gill
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

No luck with house at all, still no viewers, that is now a full year since we have had a viewer, dont know what else to do, Mark spoke to both estate agents yesterday to see what is going on and to get a bit of advice, one told us not to lower our price any more as it isnt over priced and the other who we have no faith in anyway said we need to lower again!!!!! But that is always their answer anyway.

We just cant understand why we arent getting any viewers, it must be something about Larne, there isnt anything selling, although both estate agents said 1st time buyers were starting to look again, so lets hope eh

Gill
Hi Gillian,
I am hoping it is HC that you don't have the faith in we found them pretty useless ourselves. According to remax there has been some interest in our house but nothing concrete
I don't think its anything to do with Larne though - sure it's a great place
Lets hope them first time buyers get their finger out though and start buying some houses - we need to validate by December and could really do with the money :curse:
Sinead
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi Gillian,
I am hoping it is HC that you don't have the faith in we found them pretty useless ourselves. According to remax there has been some interest in our house but nothing concrete
I don't think its anything to do with Larne though - sure it's a great place
Lets hope them first time buyers get their finger out though and start buying some houses - we need to validate by December and could really do with the money :curse:
Sinead

Hi Sinead, how did you guess I was talking about them lol, they have done nothing for us but keep telling us to lower the price, which we have done TWICE!!!! and it still hasnt done anything, we are the same, I was told my job may be made redundant yesterday so we really need to sell as we really cant afford to rent it out. Pat said to us there has been a bit more interest recently too but this stamp duty thing is putting people on hold too, so lets hope things start moving soon

Gillian
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sinead, how did you guess I was talking about them lol, they have done nothing for us but keep telling us to lower the price, which we have done TWICE!!!! and it still hasnt done anything, we are the same, I was told my job may be made redundant yesterday so we really need to sell as we really cant afford to rent it out. Pat said to us there has been a bit more interest recently too but this stamp duty thing is putting people on hold too, so lets hope things start moving soon

Gillian
Yeah I heard about that stamp duty business - i really wish they would sort that out soon as it's making the whole situation so much worse bl**dy govt!!! Sorry to hear about your job too, I know you would be leaving eventually but its really bad timing
The rent on our house barely covers our mortgage at the min and our mortgage deal is up this month so it goes up 150 quid I am quite surprised really that the rental prices haven't gone up any but they are still the same as when we left

Sinead
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sinurt
Yeah I heard about that stamp duty business - i really wish they would sort that out soon as it's making the whole situation so much worse bl**dy govt!!! Sorry to hear about your job too, I know you would be leaving eventually but its really bad timing
The rent on our house barely covers our mortgage at the min and our mortgage deal is up this month so it goes up 150 quid I am quite surprised really that the rental prices haven't gone up any but they are still the same as when we left

Sinead

I am well peeved off at the minute, so unhappy with our situation, what makes matters work is a girl I work with put her house on the market yesterday and has a viewer tonight!!!! Of course I am pleased for her but even more depressed for me
Have you been getting any viewers on your house since you left here at all?

You cant seem to get more than £500 a month for a rental, you would have thought it would have went up a bit.

Gillian
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am well peeved off at the minute, so unhappy with our situation, what makes matters work is a girl I work with put her house on the market yesterday and has a viewer tonight!!!! Of course I am pleased for her but even more depressed for me

You cant seem to get more than £500 a month for a rental, you would have thought it would have went up a bit.

Gillian
gillian, really sorry to hear about your job hopefully you'll get some viewers soon
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

great news really pleased for you, all you need nows the big golden ticket, hope you had a lovely holiday, getting plenty of practice for oz eh
siobhan
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillian, really sorry to hear about your job hopefully you'll get some viewers soon
Thanks Caroline, I hope so too, I dont know how much more I can take

Gillian
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:59 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again

Sorry popped back in again. Have been absent for a while.

We where granted the Visa a few weeks ago, and are going to put the house on the market in about a month. I am expecting 0 viewings and no offers, however its worth a punt. We dont leave till Jan 2009 so there is time.

Failing a sale we are going to have to rent it out it should look after itself but I really never wanted to be a absentee landlord. Its shocking to think we started this process because we were sick of being gazumped in the attempts to purchase a house.

Glad to see there are visa's flying about the place left and right best of luck with the house sales.

Now its all about trying to will the AUD down to pik the best time to move money. After the flights + Container i want to get the most for the 10 pounds left I will be changing over.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillian
Honestly I have no idea if we have had any viewers or not lol - the estate agents are not very good at updating us so I am just assuming there has been none Ours is currently rented out for 550 - but that includes rates - which are more than 50 quid, we have given the tenants notice though and they are out at end of sept - they were troublesome plus I think that might put any potential buyers off if it's rented out and still up for sale at least IF anyone was interested there is a date from when it's available.
Anyway still keeping fingers crossed and praying that it will sell, and hopefully yours (any everyone else's still waiting) sells soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.