Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: any other folks transferring to the Aussie Navy

Janet, Adam and kids we hope everything goes well this weekend as your new adventure gets started. Will be thinking about you all on Monday evening

Love Tammy
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Josie1100
Janet, Adam and kids we hope everything goes well this weekend as your new adventure gets started. Will be thinking about you all on Monday evening

Love Tammy
Just a quick one to let you know that we made it and we're in Canberra - exhausted though!!!!

The welcome we have received has been second to none and we move into our house on Monday!!!!

Will be in touch when we get chance and pooter arrives!

If you go to KL - try to suggest the Sunway Laggon Hotel and Spa Resort - it's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT Take high factor sun cream!!!!

Take care and speak soon
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Just a quick one to let you know that we made it and we're in Canberra - exhausted though!!!!

The welcome we have received has been second to none and we move into our house on Monday!!!!

Will be in touch when we get chance and pooter arrives!

If you go to KL - try to suggest the Sunway Laggon Hotel and Spa Resort - it's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT Take high factor sun cream!!!!

Take care and speak soon
Great to hear you arrived safely and they are looking after you all. Hope all goes well with the move into your house on Monday.

I agree about the Sunway Lagoon Hotel and Spa Resort it's fab and high factor sun cream is a must.

Keep in touch

Nicky xx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Love Tammy
Hi Tammy well in my neighbours now who we will miss after 16 years . Exhausted , dont know how i feel right now all too much . Pickfords were excellent . Just said goodbye to our best friends all very emotional . Kiera came home from her friends crying then it started me off . All ready to go , just family goodbyes and my best friend . Oh well it has to be done .
Hope all goes well for you in November xx
Bye for now xx
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlenick
hi
My hubby is in the process of applying to join the RAN. His first email to them was in February this year. We received the pack and started the paperwork. He had his medical and we sent the paperwork back by courier beginning of July. There was a query with an old knee problem and one of the blood tests had not been done so we got that sorted and send the paperwork back so now the wait begins again. My hubby is due out Feb 07 so we are hoping to be out there when he finishes. As for military pensions we haven't looked into that yet we've decided to wait until we get the thumbs up. We may get asked to go to London in October if all goes well. Good luck with the paperwork and if we can help in any other way let me know. Is your hubby due out soon and what trade is he? Apparently there are a lot applying.
Nicky
I have spoken with u a while ago now & I see you have safety Harbour as your profile - r u there now then? How long have you been in situ & how was the move? We are waiting for the terms of service - any day now then I suppose 6mths-ish before we get there ourselves.
Any good vides about the place & also rockingham if you knw of it.
Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by flo&mags
I have spoken with u a while ago now & I see you have safety Harbour as your profile - r u there now then? How long have you been in situ & how was the move? We are waiting for the terms of service - any day now then I suppose 6mths-ish before we get there ourselves.
Thanks
Littlenick will hopefully be here shortly and answer your questions

We signed our Terms of Service on 20th March 07. We then got the Labour Agreement 17th May. Our visas were granted on 22nd August and we fly to Sydney on 5th November

Everything so far has gone smoothly and when you get the Terms of Service everything will move up a gear and you will get very busy!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by flo&mags
Thanks
Hi

We arrived in Perth on 8 June and settled in Secret Harbour. The move over went very smoothly, apart from we were the first to come straight to Perth so I think it threw them here as to what to do with hubby. He has got a few courses lined up but apart from that does not do much (yet). The packers were very good, only a few things damaged but I think that was customs this end. The hotel and flights were excellent and we have settled very well.

Rockingham is about 20 mins up road and older suburb with a large shopping centre. Nice foreshore. Secret Harbour is nice but lots of houses being crammed on smaller plots.

Hubby received tos 16.2.2007. Labour Agreement 7.3.2007. Visa Granted 8.5.2007. Flew to oz on 4.6.2007. Good luck with everything. Anything else I can help with just ask away

Nicky xx
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Littlenick will hopefully be here shortly and answer your questions

We signed our Terms of Service on 20th March 07. We then got the Labour Agreement 17th May. Our visas were granted on 22nd August and we fly to Sydney on 5th November

Everything so far has gone smoothly and when you get the Terms of Service everything will move up a gear and you will get very busy!!!
Hi how's things going? It will soon be you flying out to Sydney, those weeks will fly by. I cannot believe Janet and Adam are flying out tomorrow, the weeks are going so quick. We've been out here 3 months now and things are going well. I hope things go well for you all in Sydney. Don't forget to keep in touch. Take care

Nicky xx
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi how's things going? It will soon be you flying out to Sydney, those weeks will fly by. I cannot believe Janet and Adam are flying out tomorrow, the weeks are going so quick. We've been out here 3 months now and things are going well. I hope things go well for you all in Sydney. Don't forget to keep in touch. Take care

Nicky xx
Spooky or what I have just emailed you before I got this!!!

We are getting excited but so much to do. Not being helped that we are having a leaving bash for about 150 people, but should be worth it to see so many of our lovely friends and family. 8 weeks tomorrow that we fly..not that I am counting or anything

Love Tammy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Hey Jan

I might be a bit late but have text you as well. Have a fabulous flight and remember to drink plenty of water with that champagne! We are 3 weeks and counting behind you! Too much to do and not enough time now! We are back from a leaving party Bristol and I had my netball team night out last night! They made me dress up and hired a limousine with champayne..boy I'm gona miss those girls so much. I'm praying a netball team will have room for an old bird! (still a bit of life left in me!)

We are off to Dublin next week to say more good byes and then have our party here and that's pretty much us on our way. Nicky get that BBQ fired up! (thanks for the photo - it's good to put a face to you)

Tammy - enjoy your party and have a wonderful new life in Aus.
Angie - hope Canberra is great

Hope all is well with everyone on Expats and good luck to those ADF applicants starting this journey.

Kate xxx
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

We have just phoned Australia this morning to speak to Penny about some stuff and have just been told that she has left!!!!

We have a new lady now and it is all change. After spending so many months in correspondence with Penny it is a bit weird now to deal with somebody new.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Scummer Lou is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just phoned Australia this morning to speak to Penny about some stuff and have just been told that she has left!!!!

We have a new lady now and it is all change. After spending so many months in correspondence with Penny it is a bit weird now to deal with somebody new.
Josie,
Penny has moved to the In-Service transfer desk I think, emailled her about 3 weeks ago and she said that she had moved on. Like you said, after always dealing with her, it wil be strange for the last few weeks to deal with a new person, but as long as it doesnt change the plan!!

Got the Removals guy in today for the first uplift meeting, have spent 5 days in the loft trying to find the bottom of that place. Got my own parking spot down the dump now!!

To Adam and Janet,
enjoy the flight this week, see you in Perth in Nov. Hope all goes smoothly.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Adam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud of

To Adam and Janet,
enjoy the flight this week, see you in Perth in Nov. Hope all goes smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Hi sat in the airport lounge with the bubbly as we speak . Goodbyes were awful , but we are ok today .
Oh think i need another glass
lots of love janet , adam kiera and joe xxxxx
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam 66
To Adam and Janet,
enjoy the flight this week, see you in Perth in Nov. Hope all goes smoothly.
Hi sat in the airport lounge with the bubbly as we speak . Goodbyes were awful , but we are ok today .
Oh think i need another glass
lots of love janet , adam kiera and joe xxxxx[/QUOTE]

Oh anything to make me cry!!! Gosh guys it is nearly time and to all of you....hope this next chapter in your book of life is everything and more

Love Tammy x
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Just a quick note to say we are here . Minus a bag and a broken bag The missing bag never made it on to the plane . Malaysian airlines never tagged it so we checked in 6 but only have tickets for 5 and they cant find it !!!! so much for business class . Complaint made to them but dont think it will do make any difference . There check in procedure needs looking at as they had an over helpful man taking the bags off before she tagged them .
Thanks to paul and nick for everything you are a god send .
Shame about the weather !!!!

Last edited by janet66; Sep 15th 2007 at 4:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.