Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hope all going well for you - did you get your dog sorted?! Best of luck for Friday. Michelle
Hi Michelle

Have been meaning to PM you. Some of my friends here think I have already left as I have not been in contact with anyone. I have been up to my eyes with the packing and the dog. Multicargo in Dublin are shipping him on 12th September. He has had his first set of injections on Wednesday including his first Lepto. Second lepto being done on 31st August. He arrives into quarantine in Eastern Creek on 15th September. It will cost a grand total of 6,000 euros ouch ! Ladyhaye were quoting about 1,500 more. The 6,000 includes all his injections here and the quarantine, box etc. The actual price with Multicargo is 4,300 euros. Have to say they are excellent. Will be glad to see the back of the packing.

Will PM you over the next couple of days.

MK
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi Michelle

Have been meaning to PM you. Some of my friends here think I have already left as I have not been in contact with anyone. I have been up to my eyes with the packing and the dog. Multicargo in Dublin are shipping him on 12th September. He has had his first set of injections on Wednesday including his first Lepto. Second lepto being done on 31st August. He arrives into quarantine in Eastern Creek on 15th September. It will cost a grand total of 6,000 euros ouch ! Ladyhaye were quoting about 1,500 more. The 6,000 includes all his injections here and the quarantine, box etc. The actual price with Multicargo is 4,300 euros. Have to say they are excellent. Will be glad to see the back of the packing.

Will PM you over the next couple of days.

MK
Oh Muriel your post takes me back Best of luck. Look forward to pm when you get a minute! Michelle
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Oh Muriel your post takes me back Best of luck. Look forward to pm when you get a minute! Michelle
Thanks a mill Michelle.

MK
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Just being nosy - but whereabouts in Galway are you and where to Oz are you moving? Michelle
Hi Michelle. We live in Corofin (Co Galway not Clare). Were hoping to move to Melbourne (after Xmas 2007)... fingers crossed.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Hi Michelle. We live in Corofin (Co Galway not Clare). Were hoping to move to Melbourne (after Xmas 2007)... fingers crossed.
Aah - the best of luck to you - pity you weren't coming here! I'm from Ballybane on the East side of the city. Just like the GC.......
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Aah - the best of luck to you - pity you weren't coming here! I'm from Ballybane on the East side of the city. Just like the GC.......
your on the gold coast arn't you Michelle? Or is it Brisbane?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry obviously GC = gold coast. How long since you moved?
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gidxg03
Sorry obviously GC = gold coast. How long since you moved?
Arrived here March 4th this year. First couple of weeks were a bit hairy - have I done the right thing, a couple of panic-type attacks in the middle of the night (believe me, I never thought I was the type!), but it got better after that. You've know idea how much this site has helped. Have made some great friends and we all live more or less around the corner from each other and another couple only about a 10-20 min drive away. My big brother is here as well though, which helped a lot. We stayed with him for the first 10 days or so before we moved into this house. Once the first two-three months are over and you have jobs and the kids are at school, you just settle into a routine - like at home, only better. Of course, you miss family like mad, but emails and webcam help a lot (more than I thought).

You know what a small place Galway is - you should pm me - I'd be very surprised if we didn't know the same people somewhere along the line...

I presume you're still in the visa applying stage? x
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrived here March 4th this year. First couple of weeks were a bit hairy - have I done the right thing, a couple of panic-type attacks in the middle of the night (believe me, I never thought I was the type!), but it got better after that. You've know idea how much this site has helped. Have made some great friends and we all live more or less around the corner from each other and another couple only about a 10-20 min drive away. My big brother is here as well though, which helped a lot. We stayed with him for the first 10 days or so before we moved into this house. Once the first two-three months are over and you have jobs and the kids are at school, you just settle into a routine - like at home, only better. Of course, you miss family like mad, but emails and webcam help a lot (more than I thought).

You know what a small place Galway is - you should pm me - I'd be very surprised if we didn't know the same people somewhere along the line...

I presume you're still in the visa applying stage? x
Thanks for the reply Michelle. I'll send you a PM.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

To the people who are already there - who did you use to transfer your funds? I am in the process of opening an account with HIFX, on recommendation from a good few people , but just wondering if any of you guys used them? Any input greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:05 am
Just Joined

propblast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks! Irish and new to this site!
I'll be leaving Ireland on the 25th October 2006- for Melbourne initially and eventually Queensland(Townsville).Never been to Australia before and would appreciate any tips/advice anyone has to offer! D-day is so close now it's getting tense- I'm going with my partner of 12 years and her family( all Australian citizens)we're also taking our two dogs with us!
I've heard their stories about oz but they've been in Ireland for approx. 15 years now and things change and differing opinions and advice is healthy! So if anyone has any advice on things like what items to ship, places to settle,climate, goods prices etc it would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:10 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether you all had moments before you left when you thought you were doing the wrong thing Since we got back from holidays I've been having a rethink about everything and wondering are we mad to head off into the unknown but maybe this is normal? My Aunt is also putting me off Brisbane as she's convinced we won't survive the heat (it was 39 in Italy and we managed that!) and recommending Melbourne instead so my head's all over the place

Rant over..hope everyone is well..some really great posts on life down under..keep them coming!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to all

propblast welcome on board!!
dont sweat it. the move is relay not as bad as you might think its going to be. we came over 5 weeks ago and so far so good. it seems like a great country with a lot of friendly people.it also has its down side, same as everywhere. but as they say home is where the heart is so wherever you and your partner end up as long as you are together you will be grand!!
i have no specific advice but if you need any help just PM me.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

ammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether you all had moments before you left when you thought you were doing the wrong thing Since we got back from holidays I've been having a rethink about everything and wondering are we mad to head off into the unknown but maybe this is normal? My Aunt is also putting me off Brisbane as she's convinced we won't survive the heat (it was 39 in Italy and we managed that!) and recommending Melbourne instead so my head's all over the place

Rant over..hope everyone is well..some really great posts on life down under..keep them coming!

funny you should say that. in january of this year our house sale fell through and after a lot of discussion (aka shouting) we decided to call the whole Aussie thing off. Then 6 weeks before our visas would have expired we said to heck with it lets just go!! Thats exactly what we have done. We put our house on the market and booked our tickets and have not looked back. we are in melbourne (only 5 weeks) but so far so good. it seems like a nice place.give it a try!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:27 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ammer
funny you should say that. in january of this year our house sale fell through and after a lot of discussion (aka shouting) we decided to call the whole Aussie thing off. Then 6 weeks before our visas would have expired we said to heck with it lets just go!! Thats exactly what we have done. We put our house on the market and booked our tickets and have not looked back. we are in melbourne (only 5 weeks) but so far so good. it seems like a nice place.give it a try!!
Thanks for that ammer! I guess I'm just panicking as we had a really good summer with family and friends (probably our best one to date) and it got me thinking that we'll be so far away..kids began to get upset as well but I got some brochures in and they're beginning to come around again....I guess it's just nerves.

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.