Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:18 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Originally Posted by YAFOLEY
Hi Guys! Guess what - WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE GOT OUR VISA... PHONE CALL AT 09H00 THIS MORNING AND I AM STILL SHAKING!
CANNOT BELIEVE IT... IT HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG HARD WAIT BUT SO WORTH IT WHEN U GET THAT CALL..
TALK SOON WHEN I CALM DOWN JUST WAITING ON AL TO COME BACK FROM WORK THEN CRACK OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE!!
WWWWWWEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YVONNE & ALAN
UP THE DUBS!!!!!

Well done Yvonne I'm so pleased for you all!!!!
Enjoy the champagne....long may it flow!!
Talk to you soon and congratulations!

Diane
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Wahayyyyyyyyyyyyy, go on ya good thing!! Congrats Yafoley!! Im so happy for you all. Now the funs begins. Give me a ring when you calm down..........
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

Congratulations Yvonne , oh I wish it was me!!
But we are still far from it yet.
Thought my application would have been sent last week only my translations have gotten lost in the post apparently!! Now I don't know wether to get the paperwork done again or wait to see if it's just been delayed with the summer holidays and all.
Macker any news on your application?
Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Priscillia,

We all wish it was us don't we? My application was sent July 5th...........so the wait begins. Hope your appliaction gets sorted quick. Great feeling of relief when it gets sent off. I'm off on my holliers next Monday and looking forward to the break.

harryed- that was a lovely post by the way. Thanks for that.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

CONGRATULATIONS YVONNE ALAN & FAMILY

I am so so so excited for you. It is so well deserved. You certainly had to do the waiting game. When do you hope to head downunder. This is certainly a reason for a celebration nite. Are you up for a nite out girls to celebrate. Will you text us your new mobile no.

Enjoy your nite. Don't tooo much !

MK
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys! Guess what - WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE GOT OUR VISA... PHONE CALL AT 09H00 THIS MORNING AND I AM STILL SHAKING!
CANNOT BELIEVE IT... IT HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG HARD WAIT BUT SO WORTH IT WHEN U GET THAT CALL..
TALK SOON WHEN I CALM DOWN JUST WAITING ON AL TO COME BACK FROM WORK THEN CRACK OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE!!
WWWWWWEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YVONNE & ALAN
UP THE DUBS!!!!!
Brillant news, congratulations. Hope everything works out for you. have a few for me, another Dub
Tracie.

Last edited by breezeboylan; Jul 17th 2006 at 8:16 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

How have you managed with the shipping of clothes. Do you take all you own in your luggage allowance. Can't see me fitting them in. I have already packed two suitcases of clothes which I know won't be used in the short tem. Is it a case that you send some of the clothes with the shippers.

Now how I wish I had not gone mad in the sales.

Thanks

MK
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:33 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi all

How have you managed with the shipping of clothes. Do you take all you own in your luggage allowance. Can't see me fitting them in. I have already packed two suitcases of clothes which I know won't be used in the short tem. Is it a case that you send some of the clothes with the shippers.

Now how I wish I had not gone mad in the sales.

Thanks

MK
MK
Forget you "winter" clothes. Occasional jumper or coat, dump the rest. Worst case, ship them over with the rest of your belongings. Esp. if you come over here Spring time.
We managed to get a 35 Kg/case allowance from Singapore Airlines including a 4 day stop over in Singapore and we were on temp visa. Times that by 5 of us came to 9 suitcases. A buggy and 2 car seats. Remember to try and get an increased luggage allowance and it MUST be in writing and better still on your ticket. The Irish Singapore Airline office was unhelpful so we got ours via the London office.

Andrew
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew63
MK
Forget you "winter" clothes. Occasional jumper or coat, dump the rest. Worst case, ship them over with the rest of your belongings. Esp. if you come over here Spring time.
We managed to get a 35 Kg/case allowance from Singapore Airlines including a 4 day stop over in Singapore and we were on temp visa. Times that by 5 of us came to 9 suitcases. A buggy and 2 car seats. Remember to try and get an increased luggage allowance and it MUST be in writing and better still on your ticket. The Irish Singapore Airline office was unhelpful so we got ours via the London office.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew for the information. We are hopefully flying with Singapore Airlines. They have said that we will get a 40kg allowance per person. This they said is given on booking the flights by bringing our passports to travel agent as proof of our unused Visa.

Again thanks a mill.

MK
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

Hi Di any news on the TRA apllication?

Muriel, we booked our flights for 26 August all in all worked out at 2500.00. 40kg each once we can show visa in passports etc.. which we delightfully received back last Friday!

Okay just taught I'd do quick thread anyone any news....

Talk soon
Yvonne
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Muriel, we booked our flights for 26 August all in all worked out at 2500.00. 40kg each once we can show visa in passports etc.. which we delightfully received back last Friday!

Talk soon
Yvonne
Hi Yvonne

Not long left now. Hows the clearout going. Did you book the flights online direct with Singapore or via agent. We hope to get out during week 19th Sept. Waiting for confirmation that the dog can travel on 12th September. Can't book his quarantine space till we get his permit no. OH finishes on 12th August. Originally was to finish 23rd. Great to have the sticker in passports.
See attached. Found it very interesting. It is a rekkie report from Perth and Brisbane http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/rekkDtl.asp?th=5433

Talk soon

MK
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Talk soon
Yvonne
Sorry Yvonne wrong link on previous mail here's the link now http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/rekkDtl.asp?th=7276

MK
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:05 am
Just Joined

brizvegas123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
So are we - Belfast
hello we moved from ballyclare last year - my God but we are loving it here - we just bought a house in Manly a few weeks ago there is a BIG Xpat population in Bayside - i was in coles the other day and every second accent i heard was either English or Irish ...

where have you settled? are you enjoying yourself?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Hello again all. Congrats Yvonne on your successful visa application. Also thanks harryed for your positive post.

Were still going through the TRA assessment. Was really annoyed at the agency. Sent off everything that was requested, then the ACS requested more info. Shouldn't have been a big deal but we had to go back to our solicitor to certify our photocopies. Solicitor was in the process of moving premises so it took 3 weeks to get it all sorted.

Good news is all the info is currently winging it's way to Oz and we have also completed the visa application form sent out by the agency (they tell us they are 100% sure we will get the ACS points so advised us to send in info to have the visa application ready to go as soon as the ACS result is in).

Maybe it's a natural part of the process but I find myself getting colder and colder feet. I find this is mainly due to reading bloody posts on this forum. Lots of small things accumulating to paint an ever increasing negative picture. I'm sure though that Oz will be different for everyone and that everyone's experience and outlook is different. No way we won't be risking it as we have made choices that are irreversible (like selling our site and my home cinema system!!!).

Any posts of positive experiences would be much appreciated.

On another note anyone any idea what the job market in Melbourne is like? I had been using the job websites to gauge the market which seemed excellent (me training and education, my wife software developer). However I've read that the recruitment agencies invent a lot of the jobs to get people on their books. Any links to good job websites anyone?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:25 pm
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Talk soon
Yvonne
Hi Yvonne and everyone!

Just back from hols and trying to finish TRA ..almost there now!

Well Yvonne it won'y be long now..do you think you can find time for a night out to celebrate ? Muriel you won't be too far behind! Hope the summer is going well for you all..I think Macker's due back at the end of this week so maybe we can all get together in the next week or so.

Good luck to anyone else waiting on TRA/Visa..

Talk soon

Di

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.