Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

View Poll Results: Where about's in Oz have you moved/moving to?
Melbourne
21.11%
Perth
20.00%
Sydney
12.22%
Brisbane
21.11%
Cairns
1.11%
Adelaide
6.67%
Canberra
0%
Gold Coast
12.22%
Sunshine Coast
5.56%
Hobart
0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Irish ex Pats/soon to be ex pats?

[QUOTE=katrina and Martin]hi, tracie told me to look this thread up and glad l did. husband and kids irish but l'm really lucky and was born and reared in glasgow lol. living in n.ireland and hoping to move to perth oct'07 (although we have'nt started process yet!). hubby brickie 20 years, self-employed 6 and dreading starting tra. posted about an irish meet anywhere in ireland, something to consider in future mayby?
katrina and martin[/QUOTE

Think we're following each other
Tracie
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

katrina and Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=breezeboylan]
Originally Posted by katrina and Martin
hi, tracie told me to look this thread up and glad l did. husband and kids irish but l'm really lucky and was born and reared in glasgow lol. living in n.ireland and hoping to move to perth oct'07 (although we have'nt started process yet!). hubby brickie 20 years, self-employed 6 and dreading starting tra. posted about an irish meet anywhere in ireland, something to consider in future mayby?
katrina and martin[/QUOTE

Think we're following each other
Tracie
think so tracie, but thanks for tip really enjoying all the posts
katrina
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

We got our TRA approval this morning!!
Some more irish on the way soon
Old Jun 5th 2006, 1:14 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YAFOLEY
Hi there, we too are Irish live in Dublin. We are doing same 136 skilled, hubby is a bricklayer... I just wanted to ask you did you go with an agent... as we recently asked our agent would we get our pc and meds unrequested and she said they dont normally advise this. Where did you get your meds done and what did you's have to go through (just seeing if any different to uk but don't imagine so)... How long is your application in and what prof are you in?
We are hoping to head to Perth just sold our house and are going through all the silly emotions at mo! Our appl acknowledged on 6 Feb so we have a long wait ahead of us... but I was really anxious to get the meds and pc out of way.. if we got the visa's we are ready to go.

Y
Hi - -I know this is a bit off topic (sorry OP) but just wanted to say that we had an agent but despite their reservations we did meds and PCCs unrequested. We applied in Feb too and got our visa's 29th may!!! it does speed the process a little if you frontload. Just be careful if you have house to sell as you may end up having to validate the visa if you can't get shot of the house!!!!

xRachx
Old Jun 5th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

HI we did the same,sent meds and pccs unrequested but as Rach has just said depens if you have your house to sell.Thankfully we sold ours a year ago.So yes there are plenty more Lovely Irish on the way.x Irishbloo
Old Jun 12th 2006, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Have not been on the site for a while. just wanted to say Hello to all my fellow Irish men and women heading down under. I took the plunge in Jan.06 and landed in Perth the day after Australia day with three children. I have to say at this moment in time there is not a chance in hell of us ever returning to Ireland. It is a good life here. Don't get me wrong Life is still the same just easier.I have found everybody so helpful over here and Perth city is just so easy to get around. But the cost of your weekly shop is quite expensive,and a decent loaf of bread is very hard to come by. Any other info needed just ask. I'm only to willing to help.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

Sorry, have not replied in a while. Well done Priscillia on getting the TRA. You must be over the moon.

Chef69: Welcome to the thread!! For anyone reading this chef69 has been a great help to me, she has helped me loads and answered all my questions. Always nice to get an Irish perspective on living over there. Talk soon Chef!!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Macker,
Good morning to you. Thanks for telling me about this thread. I thought that I was the only Irish person on here and the only one that disillusioned with Ireland that I had to get out. Speak to you very soon.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chef69
Have not been on the site for a while. just wanted to say Hello to all my fellow Irish men and women heading down under. I took the plunge in Jan.06 and landed in Perth the day after Australia day with three children. I have to say at this moment in time there is not a chance in hell of us ever returning to Ireland. It is a good life here. Don't get me wrong Life is still the same just easier.I have found everybody so helpful over here and Perth city is just so easy to get around. But the cost of your weekly shop is quite expensive,and a decent loaf of bread is very hard to come by. Any other info needed just ask. I'm only to willing to help.
Hi Chef69

We are heading to Brisbane end of August. We also have three children. How did you find the children settled in. Have the kids settled well into school. The kids are all very excited. Currently trying to get everything ready for shipping. What a nightmare. Got 17 bags of toys to sort through and this is just the start. Ah well better go and continue.

I am glad everything is working out well for you.

Best of luck.

MK
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:27 am
Tra second timer

koonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud ofkoonyungdi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Macker,
Good morning to you. Thanks for telling me about this thread. I thought that I was the only Irish person on here and the only one that disillusioned with Ireland that I had to get out. Speak to you very soon.

Hi Chef! No you're not the only one who feels that way! We hope to head out to Brisbane too with our 3 children and we can't wait! Our house is already sold so there is nothing holding us back once we get the go ahead...which will be soon I hope!

Macker, I hope you're feeling better now..we'll have to do that meet soon!

MK, did you find good schools in Bayside for your children and have you thought about where you want to live? I had though that I'd go for Wynum/Manly but am now looking at some of the Northern coastal suburbs..maybe you can pass on some info when you get settled in

Di
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koonyungdi
Hi Chef! No you're not the only one who feels that way! We hope to head out to Brisbane too with our 3 children and we can't wait! Our house is already sold so there is nothing holding us back once we get the go ahead...which will be soon I hope!

Macker, I hope you're feeling better now..we'll have to do that meet soon!

MK, did you find good schools in Bayside for your children and have you thought about where you want to live? I had though that I'd go for Wynum/Manly but am now looking at some of the Northern coastal suburbs..maybe you can pass on some info when you get settled in

Di
Hi Koonyungdi

We are heading towards Manly or Carindale. We have our eldest on the waitlist for Iona College. By all accounts it has a good reputation. The two youngest have possibilities of getting into Guardian Angels or St John Vianney's. We will just have to wait and see until we get out there. You'd think we knew where we were heading. Have not got a clue. We have never set foot in Australia and do not know anyone out there. So this is what you would call a real shot in the dark. We have just narrowed it down through research and some great boards like this one and Invisionfree. Who knows we could get out there and decide that these suburbs are not for us.

Where in the Northern coastel suburbs are you looking at ?

Best wishes

MK
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone. Chef69 I've sent you a PM. Can anyone recommend any Catholic schools around the Carramar area for a 11 year old. We're hoping to head out in November Dimma willing. House sold so we just need the visa and we're out of here!
Tracie
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

Hi Macker,

As you know yourself it is really a brilliant feeling when you get that 'YES'.

This week we are putting the house on the market, finally finished it after 2 years of hard work and after that it's just a long wait for everything to come together...

We are also possibly looking somewhere north of Brisbane so to all who are going there before us, let us know how it really is.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Hi

Can't believe the amount of us that are heading off / there already!! We're heading off on 15 Sept to Sydney and can't wait!

Bidd
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Can someone help me, I am trying to get our police certificates and I am confused with what I read on the garda's website, I'm after sending away for them at the local garda station but I am wondering now, should I be asking for the thing you have to pay 6.35 euros for?

If you look at this you might understand my question better: http://www.garda.ie/angarda/faq.html#C1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.