Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Annoying children's programme theme tunes

Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a pair of socks with dear old Muttley on them....remember "Catch that pigeon...." - imagine my horor at the weekend when a small girl asked "whats that on your socks?"And she didn't know who Muttley was! Never heard of Dick Dastardley :scared:
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:47 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to babysit the grandchildren of the voice of Paddington Bear, Sir Michael Horden. It was always weird when he was around - like having Paddington in the room!

Come on people, think of some more. I know it's not a kids programme as such, but what about the Krypton Factor? And Blockbuster (is that right?).
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I did read all this thread, but can't remember what has been mentioned in all the posts! Krypton Factor was excellent.
Kiddy wise - Screen test with Michael Rodd. I adored the Double Deckers, and there was a spooky series called The Changes about people smashing machines - would have been about 1973/4 on BBC1 - similar era was Carries War, about evacuees, filmed partly on our local railway line in Shropshire.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 4:32 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

I've read to page 19 and lost the will to live, so if these are repeated, apologies......

Ivor the engine

Mr Benn

Mary, Mungo & Midge

Chorlton & the Wheeles

Catweazle

Multi-coloured swapshop

Play Away
It really doesn't matter if it's raining or it shines
Just as long as we've got time to
p-l-a-y, p-l-a-y, play away, a-play, play away, way, a-play, a-play, PLAY AWAY (sorry!)

Hector's House

Paint along with Nancy (that dodgy woman who painted with a knife)

Number 73 (poor version of TISWAS)

Playschool

Crackerjack (I would've done anything to get a crackerjack pencil)

Noggin the Nog

Multi-coloured SwapShop

and my ultimate favourites:

Poggles Wood

Romper Room:

Romper, bomper, stomper Boo
Tell me, tell me, tell me do
Magic mirror tell me today
Have all my friends had fun at play
I see.....then Miss Rosalin would move the mirror from in front of her face and say a childs name, I really thought she could see me!

Ah, those were the days.....

D D
Attached Thumbnails Annoying children's programme theme tunes-thepogles.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:01 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
I used to babysit the grandchildren of the voice of Paddington Bear, Sir Michael Horden. It was always weird when he was around - like having Paddington in the room!

Come on people, think of some more. I know it's not a kids programme as such, but what about the Krypton Factor? And Blockbuster (is that right?).
When I was at college we had Blockbusters auditions but I didn't make it
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Sad but I can still hear me humming two themes from ... well a long time ago

Dr Kildare!

Z Cars

Is that sad or what :scared:

Peter
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:08 am
mickj

Hawai-5-O, magic roundabout, Neighbours, and bob the builder :scared:

Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:29 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
Grot Bags!!!! And T-Bag, whatever that was from.
That was from that Rod Hull and Emu show.

All I can remember about that one is
"There's somebody at the door....there's somebody at the door"
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:58 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
Got to page 17 and then thought if I dont post I may never reach the end of this thread .... so did any one say ROSY AND JIM
and what about that Basset Hound what was he called and did anyone mention Paddington Bear.
Right am off to page 18 now
Does anyone know? was it Bertie The Basset Hound or is that too obvious it was on I think at the same time a Rhubarb and Custard.
And Rosie and Jim was bizaar about two dolls on a barge called the Ragdoll
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by vicky o
That was from that Rod Hull and Emu show.

All I can remember about that one is
"There's somebody at the door....there's somebody at the door"

oh yeh wasnt that called the pink windmill ?

off to watch cutting it now !!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:04 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

[i]
off to watch cutting it now !!

Cant believe I almost missed it - thanks for the reminder
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:04 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sky
Does anyone know? was it Bertie The Basset Hound or is that too obvious it was on I think at the same time a Rhubarb and Custard.
And Rosie and Jim was bizaar about two dolls on a barge called the Ragdoll

Wasn't it Fred the Basset Hound?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:21 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by vicky o
Wasn't it Fred the Basset Hound?

Fred sounds right to me!!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:31 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying children's programme theme tunes

What about the Goodies!!

DD
Attached Thumbnails Annoying children's programme theme tunes-goodies1.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:45 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
When I was at college we had Blockbusters auditions but I didn't make it

Don't worry, I narrowly missed out on being on the lowest ever scoring University Challenge team. Phew. Although, such is the power of coming last, the team were then interviewed on This Morning and TFI Friday with Chris Evans. Missed out big time there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.