Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it alright to ask for forms 26A & 160A in advance

Is it alright to ask for forms 26A & 160A in advance

Old Jan 20th 2002, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

venky_macho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I have applied in the IT (skilled independent category) in June 2001 at the Australian embassy in USA. Last month I recieved a letter stating to obtain police clearance & have submitted the same a couple of weeks back. I was wondering whether it is alright to write to the embassy requesting for the forms 26A & 160A to be sent so that I can go ahead & get the Medicals done. (These forms are not available for download currently). Is it better to wait till the embassy gets back to me one thier own with the forms or is it appropriate that I request them for the forms to be sent over. In such a case, what is the reason I should give in my request?

I have heard that there are instances where folks have submitted their Mediacals well in advance - but I am not sure - anyways, these forms are not in the Migration booklet.

Any experience & suggestions in this regard welcome. Thanks for your help in sharing.
Old Jan 20th 2002, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

venky_macho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default folks, waiting for an answer

folks, waiting for an answer....please..
Old Jan 21st 2002, 1:17 am
CnD
Just Joined

CnD is an unknown quantity at this point

I do believe it would be better to wait for them(DIMIA) to request you to get the checks,They will send them to you when they want you to get the checks done...your medicals and character checks are only good for 12 months,and it could take longer then that to get visa clearance...
Old Jan 21st 2002, 1:19 am
Jamie Corr

When we've needed these forms in the past we've just phoned or emailed the
Embassy/High commision and they've sent them without asking any questions. However,
depending on how long processing takes it may be that the medicals have expired
before visa grant, and then you'd have to have them done again. Swings and
roundabouts really.......

Personally I'd wait until I was asked (having had one set of medicals expire already,
and having just submitted a new set when asked). I suspect it will only make a few
days diference to the processing time.

Regards

Jamie Corr

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >