Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on ACS RPL application

Advice on ACS RPL application

Old Jan 8th 2002, 12:49 am
Just Joined

dpadams is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been working on the ACS RPL application for some time and am about ready to submit it. I'm unclear what section four is meant to contain. Here's how it is described in the application:

"Brief Summary of Conclusions to be stated by applicant."

Does anyone know what sort of information the ACS is looking for here? I've already attached additional sheets to the application explaining how my work experience, reading, and publications apply to the various sections of the core body of knowledge.

Thanks!

Old Jan 9th 2002, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned the ACS today and asked them exactly that
"Emmm...not sure" was the reply,
"hold on, I'll ask someone" she said,(muffled asking noise in the background).
"Emmm....not sure", she said.
Then she said... "Just a conclusion on what you have learnt over the years, a conclusion on what you have already written. They are not really bothered with the conclusion part, it's the Areas of Knowledge CBOK part they are really interested in".
That's it.
Old Jan 9th 2002, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

dpadams is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing your results from calling the ACS on this point! I'll just include a quick summary of the materials I've written for the CBOK section and leave it at that.
Old Jan 9th 2002, 11:03 pm
Rt

Hi I am also in the process of sending my application, though I have gone through the
document and other instructions many times I am still confused. Does a non Computer
science IT professional must have experience or have learnt from experience all the
CBOK mentioned areas ?

Also I have mentioned very briefly about the things that I have learnt and I saw in
your mail saying that you have added some extra sheets in explaining things so do we
have to be too detailed in terms of explaining what we have learnt from what we have
done ? Please help me as I am confused ...

many a tas rt

Old Jan 17th 2002, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I was also confused about this point so I phoned the ACS.

There are the 3 mandatory CBOK sections and then there are the rest. The ACS told me, "that the more sections you fill in, the merrier your application will be looked upon." So, if you can, fill them all out. Write as much as you can and include examples of code, etc.,(if possible).

Good Luck.

Old Jan 18th 2002, 7:38 pm
Rt

Hi Thanks for sharing the info but could you also share what those 3 mandatory CBOK
things for ACS to consider an application ?

After a second thought i have started adding more information of what I have learnt
from my experience. Also please let me know if this is kind of the checklist for the
RPL processing

1. ACS assessment form for immigration
2. RPL form along with the information of what has been learnt etc.,
3. Educational Transcripts Notarised
4. Experience Letters/referrence letters notarised
5. Fees of $400 (australian)

I hope I have the full list but if I have missed any please let me know... also If
any of you have gone through this process could you please let me know what are the
steps that will fall through after this intial filing of the application with ACS.

many a tas rt

Old Jan 21st 2002, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

the mandatory ones are
Interpersonal communications
Ethics/Social Implications..
Project management and QA.

You can find what you need to hand in on the form ...ie. uour checklist.