Albany WA

Old Oct 13th 2013, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albany WA

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Definitely on my must visit list.... I've heard that it's one of the windiest places in Australia ?
There is a wind farm down there. Not sure about one of the windiest the West Coast can be very windy. Geraldton has a reputation (usually always when I've been there) as well as that entire region north of Perth.

Albany well worth a visit for the location and nature.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trewaz
Hi Guys,

Good to be here!

Just like Vernsdownunder, we are also thinking about heading to Albany (family with a small child). Just got our PR and want to choose place in WA where summers are bearable, as we had "pleasure" to survive summer in Perth two years ago

All looks good apart from the job market side. Although the statistical firgures show that Albany has low unemployment rate, I am wondering if I will be able to find the job for me. I am a mining related profession and don't expect to get a local job.

Because of the above, I am thinking about taking any job to survive for the first few months looking for a FIFO contract at the same time. I was thinking about becoming a carer as there are so any retirees over there. My wife could work morning shifts and I could take evening ones. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

Will be grateful for your suggestions.

Cheers
The job market is tight. As for jobs as carers there are certainly retirement homes there but think you would need a qualification. You could obtain that I would have thought at the local TAFE.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Vernsdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the comments, feeling positive and counting the days now xxx

Has anyone any feedback on schools and renting out there - looking for junior and high school - which to avoid and what has a good reputation (not that there are many to choose from) and are they easy enough to get your children in to???

Look forward to any feedback :
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:16 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trewaz
I am a mining related profession and don't expect to get a local job.
Not quite local, but there's the Ravensthorpe Nickel Mine about 300km east of Albany.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

trewaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Not quite local, but there's the Ravensthorpe Nickel Mine about 300km east of Albany.

Thanks KJCherokee for pointing the Ravensthorpe, will also look for other mines or exploration sites in the area.Cheers.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
which is in danger of closing - again