Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Originally Posted by wmoore
You just completely miss the point every time don't you? The AFL fans wouldn't jump on a rugby thread slating the game because it's not their preference. You jumped onto this one doing that. As someone else said, if you hate AFL so much, then why not just ignore the bloody thread instead of stirring it up?

As for protection ... I've explained to you already why your rugby thread was moved
Y was it moved out of interest????
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:46 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i gotta say i don't have a problem with it. he played on and was fair game to any legal challenges. afl allows that sort of shoulder barging. if nick was concerned about taking blows to his shoulder, he shouldn't have been on the pitch until he/club doctor/physio was happy he was able to play on.

Not the AFL apparently. I still haven't seen it (it's on Sky Sports here on Friday night and Saturday afternoon for anyone interested) but I'm surprised by this.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:00 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
i gotta say i don't have a problem with it. he played on and was fair game to any legal challenges. afl allows that sort of shoulder barging. if nick was concerned about taking blows to his shoulder, he shouldn't have been on the pitch until he/club doctor/physio was happy he was able to play on.
He had just taken the fall, he didn't have a chance to get off the field. The players have already admitted that they new something was wrong with him and were just trying to see how bad it was.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HUP
He had just taken the fall, he didn't have a chance to get off the field. The players have already admitted that they new something was wrong with him and were just trying to see how bad it was.
If your injured you either stay down or get straight off the field
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:08 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
If your injured you either stay down or get straight off the field
So that excuses their behaviour does it?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:26 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

they acted within the rules of the game. just because it may not be tolerated in football or rugby does not mean it's wrong in afl. they regularly fight in ice hockey (except when they are striking ).

Originally Posted by HUP
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HUP
It happens in all forms of sport both professional and amauteur - lots of coaches and managers tell their players to test out injuries!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:21 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It happens in all forms of sport both professional and amauteur - lots of coaches and managers tell their players to test out injuries!!!!!!

Testing out an injury after the player has come back from a few weeks off is fair game but what they did was just bully someone who was obviously seriously hurt.

It should make the next game between St Kilda & Brisbane very interesting though, there will be a few old scores to settle.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Was at the Swans game on Sunday. A bit one sided, but a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with the kids. Felt like there was way more that 27,000 there.

BTW, I know that Hawthorn have a bit of history, but brown and yellow. I mean really.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:39 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dracupg
Was at the Swans game on Sunday. A bit one sided, but a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with the kids. Felt like there was way more that 27,000 there.

BTW, I know that Hawthorn have a bit of history, but brown and yellow. I mean really.
Was that you with Nicole Kidman Gordon ???
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Was that you with Nicole Kidman Gordon ???
That old tart will just not leave me alone, despite the restraining order.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:53 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by dracupg
That old tart will just not leave me alone, despite the restraining order.

Its a hard life, I feel for you.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:52 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Y was it moved out of interest????
Because it was a general sport thread - wasn't me that moved it though!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Foeke Booy is an unknown quantity at this point

Three things

What Michael and Scott did was fine. Reiwoldt headed back to his position to continue play. Sure, they knew he was injured/sore but oviously not to that extent. Anyone with half a brain would have gone off with a dislocated shoulder.

Aerial ping pong, ballet, give it a rest. I challenge any AFL knockers (mmmm knockers) to try to kick a football, both feet, 40-50 metres to someone leading at you full tilt and hit them on the chest. Then, try taking a pack mark of any sort. Feel free to make it hanger like Sampi's last year or something absolutely mad like Reiwoldts running flat out with the flight of the ball and jumping into oncoming traffic. It takes skill to do what they do and plenty of it. While you are doing that, I'll go buy a rugby ball and see if I can throw it backwards and then I'll run into some brick walls. Might take me a while to master that. Oh hang on, I learnt to throw when I was 2.

This sums things up for me. Rough attendences for the Easter weekend.
RL - 120,000
AFL - 320,000

Nuff said.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Not the AFL apparently. I still haven't seen it (it's on Sky Sports here on Friday night and Saturday afternoon for anyone interested) but I'm surprised by this.
They got off very lightly and its been talked about everywhere all week.

For those of you that state he was back in position, he wasn't, he was kind of stooped over reeling around a lot, he looked like a ball in a pin ball machine after the bumping, also was the trainer not on the field at the time?? was the ball anywhere Nick at the time?

Anyway its gone the Lions way, though most people seem to think unfairly. As bordy said it will make the next match vey interesting!!

Foake boy, can agree with you more about the other stuff though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.