Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:54 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AFL Footy is back! Woohooo!

Originally Posted by hevs
Is anyone else sickened by the unsportmanly behaviour of Mal Michael against poor Nick Rewholdt last night??

I know its footy and its an extremely tough game (that why i love it) But to throw yourself against a bloke who's reeling around in agony after hurting a shoulder, not once but 3 times SHAMELESS! Bloody suspend them for as long as it takes poor Nick to recover from the suspected surgury he will be having. (and i don't even like st Kilda!!) In all the time i've watched i've never seen unsportsmanly behaviour!!

Bah, it bloody spoilt the first game for me i have to say.
Absolutely spot on Hevs!
Completely ridiculous conduct from Mal Michael.
He then has the cheek to say it was nothing in the post match interview, as Nick Rewholdt sat in tears in the dressing room!

I hope the AFL throw the book at him...!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Both Mal Michael & Chris Scott have went down in my estimation, that was just thuggery. How sore must that have been with a broken shoulder having those two idiots giving a good bump with there shoulders.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:29 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Both Mal Michael & Chris Scott have went down in my estimation, that was just thuggery. How sore must that have been with a broken shoulder having those two idiots giving a good bump with there shoulders.
And Mal TWICE have you seen the size of this bloke, my side by side fridge is narrower i swear!!

I got me tip right too N, but i wish i hadn't!!

Bordy, the camel will see you at 5.30
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
I missed the scores what happened?????????
Lions won 116-93 but the real story was of Saints Nick Riewoldt who broke his collarbone. He got some rough treatment from a few Lions players.

Lions Draw First Blood
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:44 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs

Bordy, the camel will see you at 5.30

Oh Oh I'm in trouble.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bordy
Oh Oh I'm in trouble.
Tried to get tickets but the only ones left were right behind the goalposts and I didn't want to sit there!!

Will definitely book in advance for the next one!

Have a great time and give the Bombers a big cheer for me
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:07 am
PommieLeague

Interesting the number of poms who seem to follow a non British origin sport like AFL ping pong?
I take it you are all well known with the rules (or lack of them)?

Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:09 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
Interesting the number of poms who seem to follow a non British origin sport like AFL ping pong?

Maybe they just enjoy sport.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Yeh its called being a sports fan - u enjoy sport in general and dont limit yourself to one code
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scossie
Absolutely spot on Hevs!
Completely ridiculous conduct from Mal Michael.
He then has the cheek to say it was nothing in the post match interview, as Nick Rewholdt sat in tears in the dressing room!

I hope the AFL throw the book at him...!
Whilst I in no way condone their conduct how many of us when playing sunday league football(soccer) have been told to test a guy who was wearing a bandage on their knee or leg by our manager - we all know it happens so y r we surprised when professionals do it - I reiterate that i do not condone what they were doing so no abusive replies needed
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You had better move to the east coast, i think your out of your element, adapt or die. ............... mm
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:40 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Holy shit the Dorkers are winning
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:49 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm well aware of the rules of AFL thanks. I enjoy it as a sport, simple as that. And even though football (soccer) is my first sport, I've got an open mind allowing me to enjoy others too. Unlike some.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:09 pm
The Godfather

I was at the MCG tonight watching the footy & even though my team got thrashed I love it. I Remember the days of going to the soccer in Scotland & watching bottles fly over my head.
Its a pleasure to sit & watch this great game & not worry about the kids or any kind of crowd trouble.
Only thing I had to worry about was Hevs abuse of the umpires. :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:13 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Fark AFL! it should be called male field ballet dancing! Must be the most boring game invented next to golf!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.