Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***EXCHANGE RATE***

***EXCHANGE RATE***

Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:28 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ***EXCHANGE RATE***

Originally Posted by daunted
thanks Nursebank - this last 24 hours has really got to me.
My house is already on the market so i guess i am ok from HIPS. it is well under £300k (£155k) so i guess i should hang tight for a while
Does anyone know if i will have to do HIPS in 6 months or so if it still hasnt sold??
Thanks for your patience, im (in true norven speak) rite fed up
Just do not take it off the market, otherwise you will have to do a HIPS when you put it back up for sale i think, can someone clarify that, i am no property guru, just want to own my own house etc, so done alot of research!

By the way, if your house is in good nick, it may be advisable to get a HIPS report done, it may go some way of speeding up your sale. You do not want to get an offer in the future, only to be let down because you do not have a HIPS report etc? even though you do not need one?

Secondly 155K, thats 20%, tell them to p1ss right off, hang on in there, but the market is not good, so be carefull? I am no expert, just my view!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nursebank
Just do not take it off the market, otherwise you will have to do a HIPS when you put it back up for sale i think, can someone clarify that, i am no property guru, just want to own my own house etc, so done alot of research!

By the way, if your house is in good nick, it may be advisable to get a HIPS report done, it may go some way of speeding up your sale. You do not want to get an offer in the future, only to be let down because you do not have a HIPS report etc? even though you do not need one?

Secondly 155K, thats 20%, tell them to p1ss right off, hang on in there, but the market is not good, so be carefull? I am no expert, just my view!

Thankyou for your replies. Strange - going to australia as a single parent doesnt phase me one bit BUT this whole house selling finance thingy is really in danger of breakign my spirit
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge
Oh NURSEBANK you seem so knowledgable about matters thats a concern i`m all of a flutter
What are you insinuating

I would rather think then act, never flutter, its just not me?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:37 pm
Banned

Thankyou for your replies. Strange - going to australia as a single parent doesnt phase me one bit BUT this whole house selling finance thingy is really in danger of breakign my spirit
Its bad enough selling your home in normal circumstances, but to move to the other side of the world and sell your home, well it would test anyone, so stick in there.

But remember:

A home is only worth what;

Someone will pay for it/

Someone either has the cash or can get the credit to purchase it?

Do not get sentimental over a house, follow your dream first, worry about your house second, worse case, take the reduction 5% at a time till its sells, then live the dream!

One life, live it!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough

Absolutly right nursebank Dont push for that extra pound i found that out to my peril for 2years and in the end i just said sod it and took of £15000 of the price of the house and it sold in two weeks . Hmmm was i to hastey!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Its bad enough selling your home in normal circumstances, but to move to the other side of the world and sell your home, well it would test anyone, so stick in there.

But remember:

A home is only worth what;

Someone will pay for it/

Someone either has the cash or can get the credit to purchase it?

Do not get sentimental over a house, follow your dream first, worry about your house second, worse case, take the reduction 5% at a time till its sells, then live the dream!

One life, live it!!!!
I have no problem at all with reducing the price to sell it (i am lucky that it has more than doubled its price so have lots of leeway) BUT i dont want to give it away - well not this week anyway!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge
Absolutly right nursebank Dont push for that extra pound i found that out to my peril for 2years and in the end i just said sod it and took of £15000 of the price of the house and it sold in two weeks . Hmmm was i to hastey!
Nope, very sensible, you will look back, like you probably do and think, we can now go to OZ, with nothing restricting us, all the best of luck!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:57 pm
Banned

I have no problem at all with reducing the price to sell it (i am lucky that it has more than doubled its price so have lots of leeway) BUT i dont want to give it away - well not this week anyway!
If you want to get to OZ, you have to sell, the mindset giving it away, and do not take this personal, but relates to " i want top dollar"?

Knock off 5% now, give it a month, no sale, knock off another 5%, give it a month, no sale, then keep going.

But DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU ARE EMIGRATING, NOT THE ESTATE AGENT, DEFINATELY NOT THE PURCHASER, HE OR SHE WILL TAKE THE P1SS JUST BEFORE YOU ARE ABOUT TO EXCHANGE CONTRACTS.

Sorry to shout but, it does happen!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you want to get to OZ, you have to sell, the mindset giving it away, and do not take this personal, but relates to " i want top dollar"?

Knock off 5% now, give it a month, no sale, knock off another 5%, give it a month, no sale, then keep going.

But DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU ARE EMIGRATING, NOT THE ESTATE AGENT, DEFINATELY NOT THE PURCHASER, HE OR SHE WILL TAKE THE P1SS JUST BEFORE YOU ARE ABOUT TO EXCHANGE CONTRACTS.

Sorry to shout but, it does happen!

My estate agent knows!! he is brother of a neighbour I have told him that it is CONFIDENTIAL information and he said 'yes of course'. I thought they were bound by rules etc?? (yeah stoopid statement) I thinki will go see EA tomorrow mornign and mention droppin the price??? I dont have a case officer yet (april applicant) but i had hoped to be in oz for end November and whilst that may be possible with visa - not lookin so good on house front
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:11 pm
Banned

My estate agent knows!! he is brother of a neighbour I have told him that it is CONFIDENTIAL information and he said 'yes of course'. I thought they were bound by rules etc?? (yeah stoopid statement) I thinki will go see EA tomorrow mornign and mention droppin the price??? I dont have a case officer yet (april applicant) but i had hoped to be in oz for end November and whilst that may be possible with visa - not lookin so good on house front

Estate agents are lower than the low, and i do not appologise for this statement, JUST DO NOT TRUST AN ESTATE AGENT, they are greedy b@stards!

You are paying them but they just want the commision at the end of the day, and the potential buyer, well if he or she gets wind of your plans, well the day before exchange, " i want 10% off the agreed price otherwise i am off"

Be carefull, but more important be clever!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Estate agents are lower than the low, and i do not appologise for this statement, JUST DO NOT TRUST AN ESTATE AGENT, they are greedy b@stards!

You are paying them but they just want the commision at the end of the day, and the potential buyer, well if he or she gets wind of your plans, well the day before exchange, " i want 10% off the agreed price otherwise i am off"

Be carefull, but more important be clever!

Stop the world i wanna get off!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaarrrgh!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:15 pm
Banned

Stop the world i wanna get off!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaarrrgh!

Get a bottle of red, relax, it will be fine!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Get a bottle of red, relax, it will be fine!!!!!
its not red but sure white will work just as well
Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone obssessed with not telling people they are emmigrating?? I see this as a good thing.

A few weeks ago we had an offer on our house, turned it down, had a slightly higher offer. After much umming and ahhing we said we would accept it, but we wouldn't go a penny lower, no matter what the survey, or how late in the process they tried to drop the price as we were emmigrating and couldn't afford to go if we did not get that price. Said we would just stay put until we got the money we needed.
Next day they retracted their offer as they could only actually afford what they had offered in the first place. Saved us all the hassle of taking it off the market and stress with last minute price drops.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Why is everyone obssessed with not telling people they are emmigrating?? I see this as a good thing.

A few weeks ago we had an offer on our house, turned it down, had a slightly higher offer. After much umming and ahhing we said we would accept it, but we wouldn't go a penny lower, no matter what the survey, or how late in the process they tried to drop the price as we were emmigrating and couldn't afford to go if we did not get that price. Said we would just stay put until we got the money we needed.
Next day they retracted their offer as they could only actually afford what they had offered in the first place. Saved us all the hassle of taking it off the market and stress with last minute price drops.

Just because it worked out for you, it does not mean it will work out for the majority.

Why do you have to tell all any way, what do you have to gain, i cannot see anything, only some thing to lose, as you will see from my previous post.

You decide to emigrate, yes, fanbl00dytastic, but you do it for you, not because i want everyone to know because it ain't been done before.

By telling people who do not need to know could cost Daunted money, so why tell, i just do not understand the reason why you post something so not needed to know?

Good luck to you, but an in-appropriate post, and poor advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.