Job in J'burg

Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

gilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nice
Default Re: Job in J'burg

Originally Posted by Pablo
But for "a people" to apologise to another "people" for some perceived wrong dredged out of the history books, for a time before any of them were born, is no more than one abstraction apologising to another abstraction about a fantasy.
Fantasy?????????? Explain please? What fantasy?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

gilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nicegilliana is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1066
Ask any of the English - German -Italian people in SA about their own countries ........ they will probably come out with more negatives than positives .... that's why they left.

It's called human nature.

How can anybody outside of SA help? It needs to come from inside the country. From the people who are supposed to be running the country.
No amount of intervention from outside will make the slightest bit of difference .... and don't quote the end of apartheid as an example of me being wrong, because that change came from within the country.

I live in England, and I criticise that, too. I suppose I'm just an ingrate who is never satisfied.

Oh dear, so sue me!
What? Have all the Germans, Italians and English left their own countries??? Really???
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by foreverhoping1
Was the colonial era such a bad thing (in contrast to today)?

What???? I am in disbelief at what i read on this thread....
Look at what they left behind...

Lets look at Rwanda.. Look at what the Belgians did..what they inadvertently created..the Genocide.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TigerOC
Respect for Law starts at the top. If your leaders have no respect for the Law who should? I have pointed out examples in previous post. You are talking about one of the most lawless societies in the World in RSA. If friends and family participate in breaches of law they must be accountable as is the responsibility of any person living in a civilised society.

Yeah I was "forced" to participate in the process although I had done nothing illegal in terms of the current law. All the normal self cleansing clap trap that is processed for "official" consumption. You note that NOT A SINGLE leader of the ANC top brass fessed up to their atrocities both inside and outside the RSA during the period in question. So this was all about what the "apartheid regime" did to the majority. Perverse and unjust as normal.

What a cop out again. i had numerous friends killed during the Chimurenga. I didn't resort to becoming a killer, rapist and arsonist. This is not an excuse. The ANC staged an illegal and violent uprising against the legal Government of the RSA which was a sovereign state. Those are facts. The fact that certain sections of the World did not approve of the political policy in the RSA is immaterial. Do not start pointing fingers about what went on because what is going on in many parts of Africa is multiple times worse than anything that happened in the RSA.
Interesting....... respect for law starts at the top... explain to me the disrepect of life, land etc in Britain (first world country) among the youths? People who've had a "free education", "access to health".... explain the difference... watch Street Wars / Road Wars... its appalling

Would you resort to kill if your family was wrongly accused of terrorism?
Would you resort to kill if your kids were denied an education and you were treated like sh.t every day???

Do Not Say You Wouldnt...
You have never suffered...You only suffer because your comforts and security are gone.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo
Juggernaut, once you accept that Africans (by which I assume you mean blacks or black Africans) possess a particular "brand of religion, morality, values" or a special black or African "worldview", then you are on precisely the same path as Verwoerd, whom you criticise; or the Nazis, for whom there was "Jewish science" and "Aryan science" and so on.

Just as modern exponents of "multiculturalism" like to claim that each race or "culture" and each subgroup (e.g., women, lesbians, etc) have some special worldview that no others can share or comprehend. It is an apartheid of the mind.

No one has a God-given right to rule. If you cannot, or will not, rule well, then you lose the title to rule. As for democracy, it is only as good as those who make up that democracy.

The objection to black rule in Africa was that blacks would mess it up.
ok Pablo, besides your 1934 example of South Wales, can you give an example of a well-ruled country that belongs in the western world and the 21st century??

Black rule ... colonialism did great for its time, but where was there ever a smooth handover of power? Africa is about tribalism... its a different rule...
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

some meat for the lions to chew on...Job in J'burg-sa.jpg
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gilliana
explain the difference... watch Street Wars / Road Wars... its appalling
Ooops .... next you'll be telling me East Enders is real life TV
Are we trying to compare the UK with SA here Surely not.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ooops .... next you'll be telling me East Enders is real life TV
Are we trying to compare the UK with SA here Surely not.

huh? your point is???
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Gilliana, lets find points of agreement.
Apartheid was wrong,very wrong.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Basson and most of those who abused the system should have been put against a wall and shot.
So too those on the opposing side who knowingly targeted civilians.
The Airforce HQ bombing in Pretoria would have been a legitimate action and civilians Collateral damage as much as Women/Civilans/kids in an ANC HQ in Lesotho or Botswana.
Magoos bar, St Andrews Cathedral in CT and the pub in Dbn were civilian.
Shoot Macbride and co. too.
Your Comment however:
"but once again, i'm a fuzzy, emotional person and you probably the cold hard logic type... so we differ. However... just put yourself in their shoes, not for a day... but for a few years... and see how you feel when you suddenly get the right to vote. When your father was beaten to a pulp every day, your brother murdered for terrorist suspicion, your sister raped cos just she was black... and you stand / run safely (whatever it is that you do) ... "

I was at the TRC, were you? (and I was not testifying)
You have NO idea of the abuses visited upon ordinary ,decent, people by ALL sides in the Conflict.
You have no idea of the rapes, beatings and Murders visited upon people by the ANC, PAC and SACP "Cadres" to garner support by fear.
Their own fellow sufferers.
The theft of AID money was rife! hence the term "Struggle Accounting"
I am not justifying what was done for white supremacy.
I can assure you that what was done for black supremacy went beyond what most investigators could actually stomach.

History is written by the victor,
I listened to testimony at the TRC that does not appear anywhere on my file copy of the "Full" Transcripts of the TRC.
Tell me about your statement that I have quoted above?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

What???? I am in disbelief at what i read on this thread....
Look at what they left behind...

Lets look at Rwanda.. Look at what the Belgians did..what they inadvertently created..the Genocide.
Explian how the Belgians who left when created that?
How long were they given to get out?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

huh? your point is???
That the UK and SA are not comparable, and intimating sensationalist TV programmes like Street Wars / Road Wars etc which are made for TV viewing impact and are not realistically representative of British life.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Daxk
Gilliana, lets find points of agreement.
Apartheid was wrong,very wrong.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Basson and most of those who abused the system should have been put against a wall and shot.
So too those on the opposing side who knowingly targeted civilians.
The Airforce HQ bombing in Pretoria would have been a legitimate action and civilians Collateral damage as much as Women/Civilans/kids in an ANC HQ in Lesotho or Botswana.
Magoos bar, St Andrews Cathedral in CT and the pub in Dbn were civilian.
Shoot Macbride and co. too.
Your Comment however:
"but once again, i'm a fuzzy, emotional person and you probably the cold hard logic type... so we differ. However... just put yourself in their shoes, not for a day... but for a few years... and see how you feel when you suddenly get the right to vote. When your father was beaten to a pulp every day, your brother murdered for terrorist suspicion, your sister raped cos just she was black... and you stand / run safely (whatever it is that you do) ... "

I was at the TRC, were you? (and I was not testifying)
You have NO idea of the abuses visited upon ordinary ,decent, people by ALL sides in the Conflict.
You have no idea of the rapes, beatings and Murders visited upon people by the ANC, PAC and SACP "Cadres" to garner support by fear.
Their own fellow sufferers.
The theft of AID money was rife! hence the term "Struggle Accounting"
I am not justifying what was done for white supremacy.
I can assure you that what was done for black supremacy went beyond what most investigators could actually stomach.

History is written by the victor,
I listened to testimony at the TRC that does not appear anywhere on my file copy of the "Full" Transcripts of the TRC.
Tell me about your statement that I have quoted above?
No Daxb, I wasnt at any TRC hearing, but I made a point of reading as much material as i possibly could. Just because you were at one hearing does not make you an authoritarian on the entire process and on every hearing and on every situation. You are referring to situations that were based on retaliation. I am not a complete liberal to condone every act for "The struggle". I am a South African understanding its past. I do not condone corruption. I can start a whole new thread on the corruption of the UN -which personally broke my faith in global policing. The UN is not was it was made to be...but thats a whole new story.
BUT... corruption - its rife.. you will find it everywhere and anywhere where humans feel power. So i cannot comment. We as the laymen... we condemn it, we vote against it cos we dont want it. What comment must I give? That South Africa is unique in its corruption?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

sorry its Daxk...not Daxb.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ok Daxk... what about the millions pledge (through UK) for the Tsumnai Funds and they received less than half....

Do you want to talk about the corruption in charities?
Old Jul 11th 2008, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
That the UK and SA are not comparable, and intimating sensationalist TV programmes like Street Wars / Road Wars etc which are made for TV viewing impact and are not realistically representative of British life.
So why do people refer to News24.com as representative of SA and the Homecoming Revolution / SAGood News as propaganda?

I'm confused at the difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.