What questions will I be asked at the interview?
What questions will I be asked at the interview for a H1?
What questions will I be asked at the interview for a H4?
This very much depends on your native country. As a British citizen, your interview is likely to be relatively straightforward. Make sure you take all documents relevant to your case and to your spouse's H1B as you may be asked for them and it is easier to have them available than to have to reschedule your appointment.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- You and your spouse's passports (with valid H1B visa in your spouse's)
- Your spouse's valid I-797
- Proof of your spouse's employment within the US
- Your spouse's pay stubs
- Your marriage certificate
- Wedding photographs and invitations
You are likely to be asked about previous visits to the US - duration of stay and reason for visit. They may also ask you about your spouse's employment. It is possible but, in the UK, unusual that they will also ask for wedding photographs and invitations.