Talk:Resident Return Visa-Australia

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

I am hoping someone might be able to advise me on the following: I have a Permanent Resident Visa for Aus but due to family commitments etc. moved back to UK at the beginning of last year. At that time there was no realistic likelihood of returning to Aus on a permanent or extended basis however I now need to return for a short visit of around 3 weeks at the end of June. Even though I still qualify, I am reluctant to obtain a 5 year RRV which obviously comes at a large cost when I am certain that this is my last trip - does anyone know whether I can just obtain a short term visitors visa instead ?