- Most public schools in Canada do not have a school uniform requirement. A few exceptions exist, some traditional schools and religious schools for example.
- Conversely, most private schools, do have school uniform requirement.
- Canadian children seem less concerned about clothing 'labels' than British children.
- Canadian teenagers do have their idiosyncrasies, such as an affinity for inadequate clothing in freezing weather and boys wearing pants with the crotch at around knee height.
- For other topics related to schooling in Canada see the Wiki article entitled Canadian Schooling.