Bridging Open Work Permit

From Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bridging Open Work Permit - New 2013

It is now possible to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit, which can be applied for when your work permit is running out in the next 4 months (provided you meet the criteria). and

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada; Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months; Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP); and Have made an application for an open work permit