Difference between revisions of "Calgary Vehicles"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Category:Canada City Guides]][[Category:
[[Category:Canada City Guides]][[Category:]][[Category:Alberta ]]
Latest revision as of 19:23, 25 April 2008
- Calgary is a very car-orientated city.
- Only if you live in, or very close to, the downtown core would you be able to get away without a car.
- Many suburban families find they need two cars.
- People who are thinking of moving to Calgary often think that a 4x4 is mandatory, but it is not.
- If you are going to regularly drive to the mountains in winter, e.g., for skiing, it would be nice to have a 4x4.
- For city driving an ordinary car is perfectly adequate.
- If your driving is confined mainly to the city, you can get away with all-season radial tires. However, switching to snow tires in winter will give you that much more traction and will improve your ability to stop when you need to.
- If you drive outside of the city a lot, e.g., if you go to the mountains practically every weekend in winter, you'll really appreciate the extra traction that snow tires give you.
- It is highly recommended that, regardless of where you'll be driving, you get a vehicle that has front-wheel drive and ABS brakes.
- Block heaters are standard issue on vehicles sold and rented in Calgary.
- Other pertinent BE Wiki articles include: