Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Working in Fashion in Dubai

Working in Fashion in Dubai

Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Bonnie South is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Working in Fashion in Dubai

I'm moving out to Dubai next month to live with a friend and am wondering about my chances of finding a Fashion Design related job out there. I'm 24, female, graduated last year in Fashion design from Westminster University and will be coming over on a visitors visa and looking for a job when I arrive.... I’m wondering how easy it will be to find a job without having already having a sponsor/ work permit...
If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate hearing from you,
Cheers,
Bonnie
Old Sep 13th 2004, 3:57 am
Just Joined

saraa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in Fashion in Dubai

Originally Posted by Bonnie South
I'm moving out to Dubai next month to live with a friend and am wondering about my chances of finding a Fashion Design related job out there. I'm 24, female, graduated last year in Fashion design from Westminster University and will be coming over on a visitors visa and looking for a job when I arrive.... I’m wondering how easy it will be to find a job without having already having a sponsor/ work permit...
Cheers,
Bonnie
hi i am also 24, female and graduated from Central saint martins last year in Fashion knitwear. i'm moving to dubai at the end of october with my mum for a change of scene and i'd be very interested in anything that you could find out about fashion jobs in Dubai keep you up to date with anything that i can find.

thanks sara
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:13 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by saraa
hi i am also 24, female and graduated from Central saint martins last year in Fashion knitwear. i'm moving to dubai at the end of october with my mum for a change of scene and i'd be very interested in anything that you could find out about fashion jobs in Dubai keep you up to date with anything that i can find.

thanks sara
St Martin;s gal... i am ex Farnham for graphics and media. Let me know when you guys get out there. Good luck. But knitwear and the middle east... could be interesting...

Joe
Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
. But knitwear and the middle east... could be interesting...

Joe
Cosy, I would have said.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:25 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Cosy, I would have said.

well for once i was trying not be the usual me... St Martin's is a very good school...
Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

CCstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,
Bonnie
hey, im currently working in Dubai in fashion. I graduated from The London College of Fashion but grew up here. Just wondering if you managed to get a job here yet? It can be pretty difficult here bacause its such a small industry and in Dubai knowing people is unfortuatly the best way to get a job.
Hope the job hunting is going well!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 4:17 am
Just Joined

miggidy milo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also looking to move to Dubai and have been working in Milan, Italy as fashion PR for the last 2 years..

If anyone knows who I could get in touch with over there to find myself a job; please drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks,

Cheers,
Bonnie