Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Working abroad - web develeoper job demands?

Working abroad - web develeoper job demands?

Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:33 am
Just Joined

marcus2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working abroad - web develeoper job demands?

Hello all,

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, but I wanted to ask a few questions about working abroad.

I currently live in the UK and have been really thinking about starting a new life in a different country. I'm not 100% sure on where to go at the moment, I guess it depends what jobs are available to me. I have friends/family that have travelled to Australia/America and based on there opinion, I think these 2 countries would most appeal to me.

I'm currently working for a web development company in the UK, I have been with the company for nearly 5 years now and I will have a very good reference.

I have studied at college and university previous to this, so I have qualifications under my belt also (not quite a degree, I must add, I failed my last module and didn't get enough time to re-take my final year), I currently have a higher national diploma in IT.

I would be grateful if anyone can share there opinion on those countries that have a high demand for this job role.

As well, if you could give me an idea on where to look for jobs and also what steps I need to follow in order to apply for the job and be granted with a visa etc that would help allot!

If anyone can share there experience of moving from the UK to America / Australia or any other countries that would be great.

Thank you in advance

Marcus
Old Nov 29th 2012, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working abroad - web develeoper job demands?

Originally Posted by marcus2012
If anyone can share there experience of moving from the UK to America / Australia or any other countries that would be great.
Your first step needs to be visas - tbh, it doesn't sound like you'd qualify for a visa to the US from what you've said, so Oz may be your only option.

So look at that first, and then you can figure out the other side of things.

Good luck.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I have studied at college and university previous to this, so I have qualifications under my belt also (not quite a degree, I must add, I failed my last module and didn't get enough time to re-take my final year), I currently have a higher national diploma in IT.

I would be grateful if anyone can share there opinion on those countries that have a high demand for this job role.

Marcus
Marcus I would concentrate on getting to degree level.

What is your current job title and what exact level of work are you up to?

Do you have specific projects which indicate you can complete a project for a client from start to finish?
Old Dec 30th 2012, 4:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, but I wanted to ask a few questions about working abroad.

I currently live in the UK and have been really thinking about starting a new life in a different country. I'm not 100% sure on where to go at the moment, I guess it depends what jobs are available to me. I have friends/family that have travelled to Australia/America and based on there opinion, I think these 2 countries would most appeal to me.

I'm currently working for a web development company in the UK, I have been with the company for nearly 5 years now and I will have a very good reference.

As well, if you could give me an idea on where to look for jobs and also what steps I need to follow in order to apply for the job and be granted with a visa etc that would help allot!

Thank you in advance

Marcus
For Australia you need to review whether you would actually qualify for a visa. Have a good read of www.immi.gov.au