Reload this Page >

Work Agreement for British Nationals in Qatar

Work Agreement for British Nationals in Qatar

Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:48 am
Just Joined

zakmuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Work Agreement for British Nationals in Qatar

Hello everyone!

Hope you all are doing great. I am a British citizen, currently in Doha. This is the first time I've been in Qatar. Ive got few civil engineering job interviews coming up in next two weeks. I've got a very important stuff to clarify guys and I really appreciate if anyone of you could give me some good adivce on this. Alright, here we go....

IF I GOT HIRED BY AN ENGINEERING COMPANY, WOULD I HAVE TO SIGN FOR 'MINIMUM X YEARS' CONTRACT?

PS: I met few Indian and Sri Lanan guys and they freaked me out saying..I'll have to sign at least two years contract, company will hold my passport with them, I can't quit the job and even if I do then I am not allowed to re-enter Qatar for two years blah blah blah...

Cheers!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:27 am
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Agreement for British Nationals in Qatar

Don't know the answer to that but I've looking around for a change and was looking in that neck of the woods so would be interested in the answer.

What type of engineering do you do?
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Ive got the job (YAAY!)

I do structural engineering. The pay is way better than in the UK really! How about you Hawk? Are you living in European populated area in Doha by any chance mate?
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Oh by the way...I still havent got the answer for my question. I reckon I should go to British Council or to the embassy and find that out??
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:55 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, currently in Canada but time for a change just not sure where. Infrastucture engineering, by the way.
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:24 am
Just Joined

Cool! Think about Dubai. Very good pay + life style (I wouldn't compare it with Europe but not bad)....