Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Telling your clients your leaving

Telling your clients your leaving

Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telling your clients your leaving

Well,ive been putting it off,but i though as i hve a buyer for my house now i really ought to tell my clients that im emigrating so i did my first round of them today and had alot of them crying,omg :scared: i didnt expect that,they had me in tears to even my family havent reacted like that,how on earth do people get through this,i dont know if i can face anymore days like today,i think ill miss some of my clients more than most of my family(havent got a really close family) ive assured them that i ll get another hairdresser for them,but thats not what they want to hear they want me!!!!!!!!!!i guess its nice to know your so well thought of,but its took me completely by suprise

tracey
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Telling your clients your leaving

Originally Posted by scissors
Well,ive been putting it off,but i though as i hve a buyer for my house now i really ought to tell my clients that im emigrating so i did my first round of them today and had alot of them crying,omg :scared: i didnt expect that,they had me in tears to even my family havent reacted like that,how on earth do people get through this,i dont know if i can face anymore days like today,i think ill miss some of my clients more than most of my family(havent got a really close family) ive assured them that i ll get another hairdresser for them,but thats not what they want to hear they want me!!!!!!!!!!i guess its nice to know your so well thought of,but its took me completely by suprise

tracey
Hi Tracey,

When our maternity unit closed saying goodbye to all the ladies in clinic was heartbreaking, it was similar, without belittling how people feel, like a bereavement especially the ones you know really well. add to that losing the friends you have worked with and everything its awful. Really not looking forward to doing all that again

nice to feel valued tho'!

Dont think you realize how important to other people you are. I am finding tho' the more people talk to on here to not go, and not meet those nice people on the 'other side' would be a huge let down.

talk to you soon,
anther glass of wine will help---
good job you have done meds your blood alcohol levels would be off the scale!!!! lol

Chris
Old Mar 24th 2005, 3:51 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

tracey
You should feel very proud of yourself, its confirmation of all the good work you have put in to make your clients happy. Finding a hairdresser you trust is bloody hard if I could get Mel (my hairdresser) to move to oz I would make her live next door to me

Congrats on house news

Sel x
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

tracey

Ps want you to do mine before we go then got an excuse to come up to Brissie!!!
Chris
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys,i didnt think it would be soo bad,my friends and family havent given much reaction at all, i suppose some of my clients have been with me ever since i left school, many moons ago,lol,their more like friends really,but i guess i think im just their hairdresser!!!!!!

Chris i ll be p......ed,by the time im done,oh well

yep come to brissie to hve your hair done...every 6 weeks,lol,good excuse for a get together.

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

thanks guys,i didnt think it would be soo bad,my friends and family havent given much reaction at all, i suppose some of my clients have been with me ever since i left school, many moons ago,lol,their more like friends really,but i guess i think im just their hairdresser!!!!!!

Chris i ll be p......ed,by the time im done,oh well

yep come to brissie to hve your hair done...every 6 weeks,lol,good excuse for a get together.

tracey
Hi Tracey Your feelings are the same as mine and i haven't a visa yet.I have told alot of my clients already and they are all positive, well the younger ones are. My clients that i have done the longest is 16yrs and most of the others are at least 10 yrs, i was only saying the other day to my hubby god i am going to be a emmotional wreck if and when we leave, i really understand where you are coming from.It is good to know you are soo liked and wanted. I am sure you will be fine and meet many good and new friends and have a new fantastic life down under and your daughter.(But still it is very scarey and exciting) P.S we hopefully going to our 1st meet in april this feels abit scarey too. Tracy x
Old Mar 26th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi Tracey Your feelings are the same as mine and i haven't a visa yet.I have told alot of my clients already and they are all positive, well the younger ones are. My clients that i have done the longest is 16yrs and most of the others are at least 10 yrs, i was only saying the other day to my hubby god i am going to be a emmotional wreck if and when we leave, i really understand where you are coming from.It is good to know you are soo liked and wanted. I am sure you will be fine and meet many good and new friends and have a new fantastic life down under and your daughter.(But still it is very scarey and exciting) P.S we hopefully going to our 1st meet in april this feels abit scarey too. Tracy x
hi tracy,which meet are yu going to, im afraid im a bit of a meet junkie,lol, well,it could be worse i guess

tracey
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

hi tracy,which meet are yu going to, im afraid im a bit of a meet junkie,lol, well,it could be worse i guess

tracey

Hi TRACEY We are hopefully going on the 9th april but keep checking and there is not much activity on the subject.If it goes ahead it is in Brighton i feel sorry for the women who is organising it ,trying to get everybody together is hard.I think i must be abit sad sitting here with my glass of wine on a saturday nite, hubby playing his belated xmas pressie(GRAND TOURISMO 4) and here i am typing (ha ha ) if you could see it, but hey in 18mths it could all be a different story. I think i am getting hooked to this!!!!!!!

Tracy and Lee
Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alinora9
Hi TRACEY We are hopefully going on the 9th april but keep checking and there is not much activity on the subject.If it goes ahead it is in Brighton i feel sorry for the women who is organising it ,trying to get everybody together is hard.I think i must be abit sad sitting here with my glass of wine on a saturday nite, hubby playing his belated xmas pressie(GRAND TOURISMO 4) and here i am typing (ha ha ) if you could see it, but hey in 18mths it could all be a different story. I think i am getting hooked to this!!!!!!!

Tracy and Lee
lol,i know what you mean i couldnt slep so im back on the puter,im definately hooked,but ive made loades of friends through it,lots of them ive met up with more than once and we re going to eet up once we get there,i really dont know what i would have done without it have a drink with me

tracey
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

lol,i know what you mean i couldnt slep so im back on the puter,im definately hooked,but ive made loades of friends through it,lots of them ive met up with more than once and we re going to eet up once we get there,i really dont know what i would have done without it have a drink with me

tracey
I'm afraid after 10 years in the same salon I'm gonna be a complete coward and tell my clients I'm going for a holiday and just not come back. At least with family you know you'll be seeing them again but I don't suppose I'll ever see my clients again. I've got about 10 really special ones who I'll phone and maybe keep in contact by email but at the end of the day no matter how important I think I am I'm just a bloke who does their hair every few weeks.