Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

What's the chance of a sponsership?

What's the chance of a sponsership?

Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

katana is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What's the chance of a sponsership?

OH is a mechanic C&G since1987.What chance is there of a sponsership in the Adelaide area?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice
Default Re: What's the chance of a sponsership?

Originally Posted by katana
OH is a mechanic C&G since1987.What chance is there of a sponsership in the Adelaide area?
Are you planning to go out there and contact employers, meet local people and try and build some networks etc? ...its usually this kind of person who gets sponsored.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

katana is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately no,Iam self-employed & have too much work to be able to take time off & I want to be able to take as much money with us as possible in case I can't find work right away.This is a major worry for me as I have a wife & 3 kids to keep.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by katana
Unfortunately no,Iam self-employed & have too much work to be able to take time off & I want to be able to take as much money with us as possible in case I can't find work right away.This is a major worry for me as I have a wife & 3 kids to keep.

Latest news is that 457 visa policy is changing and it is going to be harder for companies to justify sponsoring people overseas if theres a local person who can do the same job.....so I think you have answered your own question!

Due to tightening of job opportunities in Oz its not easy for anyone looking for sponsorship, unless you have extra experience, or are in a high demand profession such as nursing etc. It is a difficult time for the over 45s who have to rely on employer sponsorship...or anyone relying on finding a job as soon as they arrive in Oz.

Sherie Blakesley
Reg Migration Agent 0639618
Gold Coast QLD
www.migratemates.com