Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Welders Work in Australia

Wikiposts

Welders Work in Australia

Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welders Work in Australia

OH is a welder - where is best in Oz for this type of work? We have been thinking about Melbourne, what is everyone's opinion?
I currently work in a Building Society in UK, not sure if i'm able to do my job in Oz, but will give it a go!!
Any suggestions will be greatly received!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Welders Work in Australia

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
OH is a welder - where is best in Oz for this type of work? We have been thinking about Melbourne, what is everyone's opinion?
I currently work in a Building Society in UK, not sure if i'm able to do my job in Oz, but will give it a go!!
Any suggestions will be greatly received!
Hi Louise,

My OH is a welder also and I'm actually a Buyer for a large civil engineering company.

In an ideal world I would love to re-train if we get there, I've always wanted to be a mid-wife, but after getting a mortgage so young, can't really do it over here, but looking at the prices of food and utilities etc in Oz, don't think I'd be able to do it there either !!

I was thinking about Queensland, beach, sun, gorgeous sea, but I do have to think realistically aswell ! OH really fancies Perth though. On the job front, there seems to be quite alot of jobs in QLD, but I think that may be down to the heat !!!! Not seen alot of jobs advertised for Perth though.

There does however, seem to be alot advertised in the Melbourne area. Have you tried looking on www.alljobs.com.au ?

Cheers
Donna
x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice
Default Re: Welders Work in Australia

We have lived in Brisbane since emigrating back in 1990. It's a great place to be and there's loads of work. There are big projects in the pipeline and we will need all the extra tradesmen we can get. We are in winter here at the moment and we are complaining about the cold weather! It's about 20 degrees C here during the day but it does drop down to single figures during the night. I am sat here typing this response looking out of the window at a clear blue sky and a very slight breeze. Have I wetted your appetites enough????? Come on all you tradesmen (sorry that should be "tradespeople") get your applications in and get your backsides over here. WE NEED YOU!!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

If only it was that easy.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice

I never said it was easy. Back in 1989 when I first applied it took nearly 18 months for me to get everything sorted out with my application. We even had to overcome finding out that our youngest son had some sort of illness and that it might have prevented us from getting our perm resident visa. It turned out that he has Coeliac disease and because it is not a disease that requires any medication we were eventually cleared. That was just one of many hurdles we had to overcome and I could seriously write a book about the whole process.

I have looked at the requirements for obtaining a PRV now and the only difference between 1989 and now is that there are now more catagories that you can apply under. The points process is virtually still the same. In 1989 I was 34 and getting close to clicking over into the next age group and losing the points that i needed to get my application processed

If you want something in life badly enough you have to be prepared to jump through hoops to get it.........Yes, at the time it seems like a huge hurdle to get over and when you finally get there it makes it all worth while.

If you are serious about wanting to emigrate, get the neccessary application forms filled in and get all of the required support documentation together and medicals etc and send it all off. Be prepaired to be patient and get on with your life and try not to stress too much about the waiting.

Last edited by trejon; Jul 14th 2007 at 9:53 am.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trejon
If you are serious about wanting to emigrate, get the neccessary application forms filled in and get all of the required support documentation together and medicals etc and send it all off. Be prepaired to be patient and get on with your life and try not to stress too much about the waiting.
Just filled out the neccersary forms with Go Matilda - We've taken the first step! Oz - Here we come....!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Well done!! It will all be worth the anxious wait you now have in front of you.
Have you decided where in Aus you want to settle yet?
Good luck with your application.