Reload this Page >

UK Railway to Australia's Railway

UK Railway to Australia's Railway

Old Dec 15th 2020, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

iceman78090 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Railway to Australia's Railway

Hey Everyone

I have just finished a 3 year advanced apprenticeship with Network Rail in the UK and i'm now a fully qualified Signal Maintenance Engineering Technician. I am going to be emigrating to Australia as soon as covid permits.. I have a partner visa which allows me to live permanently in Australia with full working rights.

My questions to anyone that can help me.. I have a range of tickets and, qualifications and experience but they are obviously slightly different to Australian tickets.

Are any of my tickets transferable or is there options to do booster style or top up courses so my tickets have accreditation in Australia?

I appreciate I may need to take a couple of steps back until I have the necessary tickets..

I've a wealth of knowledge in Signal Engineering from Fault finding, maintenance, installation and testing and have been working on a variety of projects from minor to major ones.

I appreciate this is quite a tricky and unusual situation, I would really appreciate any help or advice you could offer!