Reload this Page >

UK doctors working in Saudi Arabia

UK doctors working in Saudi Arabia

Old Jan 5th 2020, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Jen2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK doctors working in Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone on the forum.

First of all, I would like to thank all for such a vibrant community of generous people who are happy to take time out their busy schedules to share information for the benefit of everyone.

I have gone through the forums to keep my questions concise and to the point.

So here it goes:

I am a locum consultant doctor working in the North of England, married with 2 kids

I intend to move to KSA to work in Riyadh, as many think, the reason for moving is purely monetary. I was offered £10.100pm plus airplane ticket and healthcare insurance, and annual leave. We weren´t offered schools either free accommodation.

My salary in the UK is about £5/6 grand after taxes, depends on the oncalls, extra theatres or clinics, I was doing some private theatre and clinic but I stopped as I was heavily penalized with taxes, it was stressful and it wasn´t worth it
We are as many middle-class families in the UK want to give our kids a good education, buy a small land and build a house without taking a heavy loan.

I couldn´t find any post about doctors working in the KSA, I am worried about the CV, accommodation in the KSA, return back to the UK.

QUESTIONS:

What would be the average salary for a consultant in government/private hospital in Saudi Arabia, 40-45hpw, free weekend?
What do you think would be the impact in the CV if you think to return back to the UK?
Schools in the KSA must be pricey?

I would be grateful if you guys can share your thoughts!

Thank you