Reload this Page >

UK Architect Seeking ME Job

UK Architect Seeking ME Job

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Hitch 46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Architect Seeking ME Job

Hello all.

I'm new here but have recently come across this forum (and website) and think it's fantastic.

I'm a registered architect with 10 years experience currently living in London trying to find a job in the Middle East. I'm 33, single with no dependants and seeking single occupancy status. I'm currently self-employed as a freelance architect in London but the economy and jobs market are still so grim here that I've decided to relocate abroad.

I've been looking since December and am finding it IMPOSSIBLE! I know construction's taken a big hit in the ME and that most jobs will invariably be offered to the truck-loads of redundant, locally experienced professionals already on the ground. But what I'm finding is that I'll apply to jobs and then for whatever reason, the vacancy will be withdrawn or put on hold!

So far I've applied to to a wide range of UK/ME recruitment agencies but neither method has been overly fruitful. I've also contacted several ME companies directly but again, no joy as yet. I've even broadened my skills-set to include Urban Planning, Design etc. but those sectors have proved equally unresponsive!

Any advice? Does anyone know of any specific firms recruiting? The best recruitment agencies/methods to try? Has the Dubai credit crisis damaged the jobs market everywhere else in the region? Any other suggestions? Apologies for the 20 questions but any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

HITCH 46