Wikiposts

TRA Help ...Welder???

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:44 am
Just Joined

vmcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA Help ...Welder???

Hi my husband is a welder and we are trying to get everything together for the TRA but not really sure what they are looking for?

We plan to do the reference letters from the employers ourselves and send them to them to put on company letterhead but not really sure what to put in them. Can anyone give me any tips or help with this. Thanks

Also any other things they think would be useful cause I really dont have a clue where to start with it all.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:56 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Help ...Welder???

Hi

We passed our TRA back in January and had everything done by an agent so hopefully this will be ok for you.

First Paragraph

Confirm that your partner worked for said company, we gave address, job title, dates worked from and to and wages received.

2nd Paragraph

Brief description of company, turnover and people employed we found all ours on internet give them what you can.

Then we listed 13 jobs he did on a daily basis.

Then 14 tools used

Then a paragraph saying how reliable and great he was and saying if they needed more info to contact......

Our refs were no more than 2 pages long and fine, I think its quality over quantity.

If you are including a reference for his apprenticeship training that took 8 pages.

As well as the above stuff include on site and off site training breaking it down into years. Telling them the college attended also what you learnt starting from the very basics in yr 1 to the hardest thing in yr 4, we used about 10 things we had learnt for each year on and off site and say if supervised or unsupervised. Tell them how the training was structured was it in blocks or every week

Of course others will have done theirs differently but we passed 1st time so obviuosly it worked.

Good luck this is the worst bit whats its done its such a relief

Kaye
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

vmcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Help ...Welder???

Thanks for all that Kaye.