Wikiposts

TRA

Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:21 am
Just Joined

AngelaHill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA

Hi all,

I'm a hairdresser and me and my family have a 175 visa application in that was submitted May 21/05/08. My TRA application came back good at the start of May. I saw a possition for a hairdresser in perth and they turned out to be from the UK. I had a phone call from them tonight and the told me my trade certificates that i gained would not be recognised in Western Australia. They said she also got a pass with the TRA but when trying to get a job in Perth found out she had to re-take hairdressing exams. So would this apply to me. They also said that WA is the only state that this happens with hairdressing, Can someone confirm this!

Angela

Last edited by AngelaHill; Jun 25th 2008 at 4:32 am.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

turkey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TRA

Hi Angela, yes you have to do a written test and a practical. If you go on the perth website it will tell you. I think you have to do a perm, colour, cut and blow etc. It is not an exam just a general knowledge on hairdressing and you have to pay for this.
Alot of salons will employ you whilst you are doing this, so i have heard through other posts. Other people have said it wasn't to bad they just said it was hard getting someone to have a perm, Oh yes you have to find your own models.
Once you pass you get a license to work and yes it is only Perth that do this. I am going to Melbourne and i don't have to do it. I suppose in a way its a good thing. My friend worked in the States and you had to have a license there. Hope this helps.

Good Luck Julie
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. We was just a little bit concerned as to how much all the training would cost. Our visa agent never told us about this only that once the TRA was passed we would be fine. How long until you guys get to Australia. They told us once the application was in for the 175 visa type its six months hanging around.

Kind regards,

Ang.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi Angela, I don't know exactly how much think its around £200 as i said if you go on the website you can download all the info.

Can't believe your agent didn't tell you. Did you tell him you were hoping to live in Perth?

We are going on a 176 state sponsored visa, i was short by 5 points with turning 40, and we were going to go to Melbourne anyway so it was the best option i only needed 100 points for this visa.

We lodged online on the 22nd of Feb. Haven't had our meds done yet as we are trying to sell our apartment in Turkey. With only having 12 months from the time you have your meds it could turn out to be a bit of a rush so we will wait till we get a case officer.We don't want to have to validate before we migrate.

Where abouts in Perth are you looking at? My friend and her family are going to Perth shes a nurse. So we will have some nice holidays there.

Are you planing to work for some one or go mobile?

Take Care Juliex
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Hi Julie

£200 doesn't sound that bad, but its still a bit of a shock when you didn't think you would have to sit more exams! Not to worry though.

We was originally going to W.A working in a little town called Exmouth, but the lady who was sponsoring us pulled out due to financial reasons. We both still fancy W.A because we have done loads of research on the state and it really appeals to us! And hopefully the lady in Exmouth will beable to sort me out with work once we are over there.

I feel at the moment a bit dispondent about it all. It's all this waiting and finding things out that our agent should be informing us of!!!!

Kind regards Ang
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

HI Angela, Well i hope it all woks out for you. My moto is, if its meant to be, it will. Let me know how you get on.

Good Luck
Julie x
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by AngelaHill
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. We was just a little bit concerned as to how much all the training would cost. Our visa agent never told us about this only that once the TRA was passed we would be fine. How long until you guys get to Australia. They told us once the application was in for the 175 visa type its six months hanging around.

Kind regards,

Ang.
Hi there,
Hope all works out for you. I applied 175 in Jan, and I'm still waiting for CO. The process is taking slightly longer than 6months at the mo. I'm heading to Adelaide so I don't need to do exam.
Good luck
Old Jun 27th 2008, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I think my and my husband need to chillout with it all as we are going to be in for a long wate. Do you have a job offer letter that you sent in with the visa application.

Regards,

Angela.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi,

I think my and my husband need to chillout with it all as we are going to be in for a long wate. Do you have a job offer letter that you sent in with the visa application.

Regards,

Angela.
Hi Angela,
I don't have a job offer. But I'm quite lucky as when i arrive I'll be living with the parents. I don't know if they know what they've let themselves into as I have two little ones 5 & 2. Can't wait for it all to happen. Things seem to be moving again so fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later for all of us.

Anne
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thats well nice. At least you guys will know someone in OZ.

I just hope we get our visa granted even if it is next year! We both want this so much me and Chris my husband. We have a three year old boy called Joseph we just want the best for him. Living in the UK just seems to get more and more costly! It all just seems the right thing for us to do.

Kind regards,

Angela.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
I know what your saying about a better life I have two Girls. Jessica starts school in sept and Katie my little one still with me.
Knowing people in Oz a good thing, But i haven't lived at home for the last 11 years. I find that more scary than the whole visa process.
Where abouts are you from?

Anne
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Hi,

How come you have been away from home for the last 11 years?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Sorry we live in a small place called Swanwick in Derbyshire. Its nice Chris has a good job but we still want to go to OZ its just a feeling we need to do!!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

How come you have been away from home for the last 11 years?
I moved out when i was 18. Got married at 22 and had the girls. I'd go back visiting but never lived there. Good job or not when you need to change your life for yourselves it's just something you need to do.
Have you spoken to your family yet about the move???
We told inlaws and they weren't best pleased, but FIL doesn't see us so i don't really know what his problem is and MIL has come round to the idea and is already talking about visiting.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:19 am
Just Joined

We told the inlaws right away. My mum and step dad are well happy for us. But chris's mum and sister was not happy at all. Chris was addopted at the age of six week all good tho. Then his addopted dad died then he found out his sister was his mums real kid. Its all a bit mad but Chris and his sister dont talk now, his mum is ok about it all but it took a long time for her to come round to it all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.