Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Thailand working as 'consultant'

Thailand working as 'consultant'

Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 75
koolkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thailand working as 'consultant'

Hi All

Im thinking of working for myself (a 'consultant'?) in thailand. Im a qualified architect.

Does anyone got any advise on the lagality of doing this in thailand. I cant just go out and work/deisgn for a client as I need a work permit. Before a work permit I need a Business visa. Also do I really need to set up my own company to do this. Otherwise there will be risk of going bankrupt. Plus on top of this I need all the PI insurance to cover me being sued.

II am told by one company that its possible for me to work for them as a consultant as long as I sort out my visa? I would still need a work permit though?!

This all gives me a headache and Im thinkking of just getting a normal job.
koolkat is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.