Wikiposts

Someone please help!

Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Smurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Someone please help!

I am trying to understand the work requirements for the TRA for hairdressing - agents websites say that you have enough points if you have undergone a qualification and worked in the business for 12 out of the last 24 months but nothing about 4 years experience. Is the NVQ2 plus a years employment enough or do you have to have 4 years experience on top of the NVQ2 - its so confusing !!! Someone please please please help!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: Someone please help!

Originally Posted by Smurphy
I am trying to understand the work requirements for the TRA for hairdressing - agents websites say that you have enough points if you have undergone a qualification and worked in the business for 12 out of the last 24 months but nothing about 4 years experience. Is the NVQ2 plus a years employment enough or do you have to have 4 years experience on top of the NVQ2 - its so confusing !!! Someone please please please help!
Not totally sure. But my understanding you have to of worked 12 out of the last 24 months to gain maximum points. I would most probably apply and see where it gets you.
The way it's worded is hard to understand. Have you tried listing this on the forum and seeing what answers you get there. Especially as this question is generally asked to all trades.
Sorry i'm not making things any clearer.

Best of luck though

Anne
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Smurphy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Not totally sure. But my understanding you have to of worked 12 out of the last 24 months to gain maximum points. I would most probably apply and see where it gets you.
The way it's worded is hard to understand. Have you tried listing this on the forum and seeing what answers you get there. Especially as this question is generally asked to all trades.
Sorry i'm not making things any clearer.

Best of luck though

Anne
Yes I've a couple of posts on the forum but no answers so it was nice to see that you had - I had another look and it seems you have to have 4 years under your belt with your course counting as 1 year I think - I'm just starting the course now so hoping it stays on the list!!!

Thanks

Sarah
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smurphy
Yes I've a couple of posts on the forum but no answers so it was nice to see that you had - I had another look and it seems you have to have 4 years under your belt with your course counting as 1 year I think - I'm just starting the course now so hoping it stays on the list!!!

Thanks

Sarah
Fingers crossed for you. I passed the TRA Dec 07. Applied Jan08 got CO 1/9/08.

My work is nearly over.

good luck with the course.

Anne