Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Refrigeration and Air Conditioning

Hi,

would love to hear from any frigies out there who've migrated to Oz and how you find the job market out there.

We're going to validate our visas and move permanently to cairns this september. Anyone else in the cairns area or going to?

There seems to be plenty of jobs within my field on the various aussie job sites on the net, but theres a big difference in adverts and actual jobs available when we get there.

Also, does anyone know whether it is compulsory that you undertake your electrical 'D' permit and CFC licencing BEFORE you are employable, or is this something you can be doing alongside beginning your new job in Oz?

Any information would be greatly recieved, cheers
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:14 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Refrigeration Mechanics

Hi
Are in commercial or transport? I am in transport side of things. I’m at the TRA and STNI stage (application in). I have been applying for some jobs just to see the response, but so far the transport jobs have been thin on the ground (maybe I’m looking in the wrong place)

I have cut and paste a response for you to look at

Martin, I received your application for the position as advertised and unfortunately you are unsuccessful. we had some applicants with electrical and refrigeration qualifications and this is what we require at this time. Just for your information there is a shortage of Refrigeration Mechanics in Victoria so you should be able to get work when you arrive but you will need to obtain a CFC licence before you are allowed to work on the gases.

Martin & Angie
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya martin

thanks for the response, Ste is in commercial / light industrial fridge, but is willing to turn his hand to whatever is available -= domestic if need be etc.

Are you going STNI for victoria then?
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:28 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Hi yes………à ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦. this is due the speed of application…..we want to be in OZ as fast as possible; we hope to be there before the start of summer.
You lot getting excited???

Martin & Angie
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by connollys.home
Hi yes………à ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦. this is due the speed of application…..we want to be in OZ as fast as possible; we hope to be there before the start of summer.
You lot getting excited???

Martin & Angie

I'm still running around doing the " Yay!!!! we got it " dance, Ste is a whole lot cooler - pardon the pun - and has taken it all in his stride. ( Secretely 'tho, he's beeming from ear to ear!!!! ).

I'm in the middle of getting a completion date on the house, organising shippers, brokers, working my way through 10 yrs of ' stuff saved in case we might need it ', collating references from mortgage company, schools, work and character etc and ste's worrying about whether or not he'll get a job!!!!!

A fair balance I suppose!!!!!

How about you?