Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Psychology Graduate, Part 2 MArch Architect working in Australia?

Psychology Graduate, Part 2 MArch Architect working in Australia?

Old Jan 6th 2013, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

alixmaccy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psychology Graduate, Part 2 MArch Architect working in Australia?

Hello,

I'm a first class psychology graduate considering working in Australia along with my boyfriend who graduates in July with a Part 2 qualification (MArch).

I traveled around Australia for a month and absolutely loved the country and I am really interested in working in Melbourne specifically.

We are just beginning our research and wondered if anyone could provide us with some help to our questions:

1) What are the prospects for a Psychology Graduate in Australia? Ideally I'd like to work in research as a research assistant. Currently, I am working as an assistant psychologist within the NHS however posts are few and far between here. Does anyone have any experience of gaining Psychology related work in Australia?

2) Similarly, what are the prospects for a graduate in Architecture looking to attain a part 3 and fully qualify as an architect in Australia?

2) What would the process be? My understanding so far is applying for the post, obtaining an interview, offered the job then the organization would sponsor you. I know there are health checks that may need to be completed?

I know this is a very basic understanding however please go easy on us as we're very new to this and would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks for reading.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

lemon_drizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Psychology Graduate, Part 2 MArch Architect working in Australia?

Hi,

I am not sure about the specifics of finding a jobs in those two professions. However, with regards to visas have you thought about a working holiday visa initially? (if you are both under 31). This way you can go for a year with no visa hassles and without spending to much on visa applications. It is also a lot easier it would seem to get sponsored when you are already working in Oz.

Good Luck.