British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Working Abroad by Profession (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/)
-   -   Paramedic jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/working-abroad-profession-73/paramedic-jobs-365392/)

louloulynt Jan 16th 2009 10:59 pm

Re: Paramedic jobs

My husband has been a Paramedic for 4 years in uk now and we are looking into moving over to Queensland. There are so many sites to read and we just dont really now where to start.
We have 3 kids aged 15, 13 and 8 who all want to move too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and websites etc. Where and how to apply for a Paramedic job too.

Many thanks

Lou

Originally Posted by emadex (Post 6958533)
I've been with the QAS for over 10 years.
Any UK paramedics wanting information about life in the Queensland Ambulance Service - contact me < < snip > >

Pollyana Jan 17th 2009 3:58 am

Originally Posted by louloulynt (Post 7180257)
My husband has been a Paramedic for 4 years in uk now and we are looking into moving over to Queensland. There are so many sites to read and we just dont really now where to start.
We have 3 kids aged 15, 13 and 8 who all want to move too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and websites etc. Where and how to apply for a Paramedic job too.

Many thanks

Lou

There is an excellent thread here as well :)

bcmedic Nov 9th 2009 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by temptininnit (Post 4928593)
There's a canadian guy in Brisbane. I'll try to get his contact details.

I'm in a similar boat as tempt...

I'm a canuck Para looking @ AUZ and leaning towards NSW and would appreciate talking to a fellow canuck; especially from BC/Alberta about the prerequec's etc and the cultural/financial aspects.
Great site everyone; vey informative and thanks for this!

26871 Mar 10th 2010 9:55 pm

Hi there, although this thread is old, has anyone here tried to apply for Western Australia AS? Any recommendations? Thanks...

onenozzy Feb 28th 2011 11:48 pm

Hello, my name is Constantin Mocanu, from Romania, I have 24 years, now working in the Ministry of Administration and Interior, holding the position of firefighter paramedic and extraction, occupy this place for four years, two years as a firefighter, and two years as a firefighter paramedic , is very low living standards in the country and this push me to look for a job for a better life,and I love what I do that is to save lives, is a sense of accomplishment when you save a life. I want to know how can I apply for a job as a paramedic and extraction or rescue assistance and which documents should I have to have my work recognized, and documents needed to apply for this job, speak and understand English at medium level, I thank you in advance for your answers, and have a good day.

I wan tee go oz Mar 3rd 2011 9:51 am

Originally Posted by 26871 (Post 8412238)
Hi there, although this thread is old, has anyone here tried to apply for Western Australia AS? Any recommendations? Thanks...

Great thread on here for WA and NSW, just enter asnsw in search box and it'll bring up most of the ambo threads :D

canadianmedic Jun 24th 2011 11:45 am

i know this thread is a bit old....but i am a paramedic in canada and was wondering if anyone know how i would go about transferring over to work in australia? i know they have different levels . I am abasic primary care paramedic in ontario...

anyone know what i would need to do to work there?

thanks!!!

I wan tee go oz Jun 24th 2011 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by canadianmedic (Post 9455542)
i know this thread is a bit old....but i am a paramedic in canada and was wondering if anyone know how i would go about transferring over to work in australia? i know they have different levels . I am abasic primary care paramedic in ontario...

thanks!!!

Hi, have a look at the St. John ambulance thread on this forum, loads of info there

:D

Pollyana Jun 26th 2011 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadianmedic (Post 9455542)

thanks!!!

Originally Posted by I wan tee go oz (Post 9455658)
Hi, have a look at the St. John ambulance thread on this forum, loads of info there

:D

Link here :)
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675341

canadianmedic Jun 28th 2011 4:35 am

thanks for the help

do student medics get paid to train in aus?

i looked at act ambulance service and it seems like they have different levels in aus
trainee paramed
student
graduate
paramed

when do we actually start getting paid? it seems so different in ontario....

boots Aug 4th 2011 5:27 pm

Was about $20,000.00AUD to apply-No Training available "On the Job"
This should help;
Doing 3 years with no pay,as well as paying $20,000.00 to apply with a rewarding wage of $50,000.00 PA ended my forthcoming career.

http://www.vu.edu.au/courses/bachelo...paramedic-hbpx

Private Ambulance Transport Officer(Non-Paramedical),$5,000.00 to do the course.

Annie33657 Oct 13th 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by boots (Post 9538885)
Was about $20,000.00AUD to apply-No Training available "On the Job"
This should help;
Doing 3 years with no pay,as well as paying $20,000.00 to apply with a rewarding wage of $50,000.00 PA ended my forthcoming career.

http://www.vu.edu.au/courses/bachelo...paramedic-hbpx

Private Ambulance Transport Officer(Non-Paramedical),$5,000.00 to do the course.

Hi all. I am new to this forum and also a newly qualified Paramedic. Could you all please advise which country my HPC registration will transfer to?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Kind regards
Anwen

porcelainwhite Dec 28th 2011 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Annie33657 (Post 9673626)
Hi all. I am new to this forum and also a newly qualified Paramedic. Could you all please advise which country my HPC registration will transfer to?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Kind regards
Anwen

Does anyone know the wage for a Paramedic in Andalusia, Spain?

expat72 Jul 21st 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by tony1976 (Post 4879719)
I want to experience a bit of the Uk life i guess skye, you get sick of the hot aussie weather

Hey Tony,

Know that you have not been on here for a while, but got a question for you, will PM you.....

expat72 Jul 21st 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by porcelainwhite (Post 9809344)
Does anyone know the wage for a Paramedic in Andalusia, Spain?

Think it is on par with the british wage......