Paramedic jobs

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:11 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Paramedic jobs

Nice list, I missed a couple out and added a few more to it. They seemed happy enough.

Anyone fance setting up a "UK Paramedics in OZ" bulletin board?

http://invisionfree.com/ seems ok for an Oz based board.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well u learn something new every day
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ronnie and Deb
Starburst thanks a lot for that info. i don,t think i will make the London interviews i will have to stick to the original plan and go for interview when we go over in June this year. Cheers mate
Hi Ron & Deb

Can I pick ur Brains!
To get your interview I presume you have already sent your application off have you? My hubby has just sent an application off this week.
And I'm wandering if he'll even get a chance to get an interview on this recruitment trawl or maybe he will have to wait for the next lot.

Regards

jay
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ronnie and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jay we are in the process of sending off an application form and have emailed the QAS to ask if it would b possible to arrange an interview when we go on holiday in JUne. Apparently they are interviewing in London in March but we will be too late with the application to attend interview then , thats if we get an interview. Where are you working at the moment and are you wanting a job in Queensland. Ronnie and Deb
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Timandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really niceTimandjayne is just really nice

Hi Jay we are in the process of sending off an application form and have emailed the QAS to ask if it would b possible to arrange an interview when we go on holiday in JUne. Apparently they are interviewing in London in March but we will be too late with the application to attend interview then , thats if we get an interview. Where are you working at the moment and are you wanting a job in Queensland. Ronnie and Deb

Just emailed you became a novel in the end haha.

Jayne
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Deb,

Tim got a reply within a few days from queensland and asked him to come for an interview in London the following week, get that application in.
They mentioned Ipswich to Hubby,Have you ever heard of the place as would like to know abit about it.
Regards

jayne
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:04 am
skye

Just Joining in - we too had interviews last week in London

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

S J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant futureS J Jackson has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timandjayne

Dear Deb,

Tim got a reply within a few days from queensland and asked him to come for an interview in London the following week, get that application in.
They mentioned Ipswich to Hubby,Have you ever heard of the place as would like to know abit about it.
Regards

jayne
Hi Jayne

Ipswich is around 45 mins West of Brissy - away from the coast - so if it is beaches you want - probably not the best place - however once your husband is accepted you can always put in for a transfer after a period of time.
I am a student paramedic in the QAS working in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast. From what I can gather it is possible to transfer stations within your region depending on popularity and job availability but more difficult to move from 1 region to another but not impossible. Have a look at the QAS website - there are 6 regions in the QAS I think but check - I work in Q4 - Sunshine COast - then Brisbane, Gold Coast, etc are regions unto themselves - not such which region Ipswich is but could find out. I have been in Australia for 4 years now and traded my teaching career for this job - so far no regrets - I love it - even the shifts!!
I know that my OIC was involved in doing some interviews with overseas applicants recently so there were some jobs on the coast - there is a shortage of qualified paramedics and a lot of students in the system - loads of overtime available if you want it. I would guess that the quoted wages would be inclusive of OT - I talked to the ACP who I work with (he hates doing OT!) and he did not reckon he earned anywhere near the 76000 per annum quoted in previous threads.
Not sure if I have been of any help?!
Wish you luck with your application
SJ
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

moth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Im a disillusioned ECP seriously considering going to Oz. (along with half of my station so it seems), Have looked at both Queensland and NSW mostly because I have family in both.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind.

Can a non immediate family member ie cousin be a sponsor?

Which is the best way round, get a visa and then apply or apply for a job and then go for a visa?

and the serious question...... How much realistically is it going to cost me before I actually go over to work? ie visas, equivalency, trips over etc.

Many thanks
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:31 am
Just Joined

scotspat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Moth,
My husband had an interview with queensland ambulance service in March and was successful as were quite a few. I believe they are coming back in June or July to take on more paramedics. You should take a look at their website and send off your application asap. As regards to money and visa if you are successful they sponsor you, from what i can gather they pay for the visa however you have to pay for your medicals with your GP and for your visa medical ( quite expensive if you have 4 kids like us) there is also pcc checks.It does seem that a lot of english paramedics are applying i think they are overwhelmed , we live in scotland and there hasnt been that many applying from up here. Anyway i hope this info helps a little
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

nessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Paramedic jobs

hi guys and gals
anyone know if queensland are or have taken any uk techs in the recent round of interviews,have been searching this site and qld web site,must be worth a go filling out the forms and trying my luck.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nessie518
hi guys and gals
anyone know if queensland are or have taken any uk techs in the recent round of interviews,have been searching this site and qld web site,must be worth a go filling out the forms and trying my luck.
Hi,
I believe they are taking technicians in at level P1. It's worth getting in your application if your serious, or e-mail them via the website to enquire more about it.
Good Luck
Neil
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

nessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud ofnessie518 has much to be proud of

hi neil
thanks for the reply,i will take it onboard and send the forms away.
One can only but try cheers again
Old May 17th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

pommie girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skye
Just Joining in - we too had interviews last week in London
hiya all new to the club, can I get in on the act? Like so many of those I have read I am waiting too since the interviews. Anyone got any idea what is going on, it has gone very quiet. cheers
Old May 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
skye

Hi Pommi Girl

Same here - seems a long long wait, there is another thread in the main oz forum - Queensland Ambulance Service with lots of us on there who are in the process..... have a look!

Let us know how you get on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.