Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Occupational Therapist Opportunities?

Occupational Therapist Opportunities?

Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:44 am
Just Joined

poppyann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Occupational Therapist Opportunities?

Hi!

I've currently completed my first year towards my Mental Health Nursing Bsc in the Uk, however after a year of continually working with OTs and realising the limitations of moving abroad with just a Mhn degree has made me seriously consider to move to occupational therapy!

With my options laying with continuing to achieve my Mhn bsc then continue to to a post-grad Dip in OT.... or just switching completely to a OT Msc.

this leads me to question whether anyone has any advice or experience in a couple queries (which for convenience I will loving bullet point)...
- whether the PG-Dip is recognized in other countries without progressing to a masters
- what the opportunities are abroad (I know the UK is back and forth between a lack of funding and competitive job availability)
- and finally, if you are yourself an OT... do you enjoy your job?!

Georgie