Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Is my occupation in demand? I'm not sure...

Is my occupation in demand? I'm not sure...

Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

gordy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is my occupation in demand? I'm not sure...

Hi,

I'm trying to work out if my occupation is on the in demand list for Australia but can't quite work out if it is....

The title which best suits my job is "Building Services Engineer" and is the title I have at the moment but I have previously had the title of "Mechanical Engineer" for the same role and have seen it called "Environmental Engineer" elsewhere

I basically work for a large engineering consultancy and have design responsibility/input with regards to the building services systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water services etc....mechanical bias as you can see!

I am not sure however though if this would fall under the general title of "Mechanical Engineer" which is currently in demand or would be classed differently in Aus? I have look at the Canadian and NZ lists to try and get a better understanding but the same question arises with them....

I have a BEng (Hons) degree in Building Services Engineering and I am almost finished an MSc (part time) in the same...with a view to attaining CEng at some point.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Last edited by gordy01; Apr 20th 2009 at 8:38 am.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:45 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is my occupation in demand? I'm not sure...

In the US, at least part of your job would be classed as HVAC design/engineering.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

gordy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply snowbunny...I'll wait and see if anyone else posts and maybe add the same post to the Australia forums.

Thanks again
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:10 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gordy01
Thanks for your reply snowbunny...I'll wait and see if anyone else posts and maybe add the same post to the Australia forums.

Thanks again
I think you should add to post to the Aus forums....
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

NaughtySon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry. I don't know about how it is in Aus. However, in most parts of the globe, you would find a decent paying job. Cheers.