Irish Hairdresser

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Irish Hairdresser

It must be Marie,
cos I know that my sister who is a nurse had to send in her wage slips. I guess it is the luck of the draw!
Lace
Old Feb 4th 2005, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

alfiewhats65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Irish Hairdresser

[QUOTE=68MEVY]Oh, I guess it's random checks then and I got missed out
Marie[/Q
i would imagaine there is some kind system in place, do think it would affect my application that i have had a reicent 2 year break from 18 years of hairdressing and have now returned and have been working full time for the last 12 months
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

alfiewhats65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi and sorry I must've misunderstood you. For my application they didn't check up on anything. They're not at all bothered about tax, it's not mentioned at all in the form and they didn't ask about it. As for checking records nobody was contacted regarding my references. I asked for my current boss to not be contacted, but none of my other referees were contacted either. I don't think it matters whether you were on the books or not as long as you can provide the references or a stat dec stating why you have no reference from an employer. As long as you have the relevant experience there should be no problems.
Marie
i am assuming that your a hairdresser who had, or is applying for working skills cat for oz
was all the informatiom you put down on your application correct, had you worked full time and where your referances genuian,

Last edited by alfiewhats65; Feb 4th 2005 at 6:10 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:28 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfiewhats65
i am assuming that your a hairdresser who had, or is applying for working skills cat for oz
was all the informatiom you put down on your application correct, had you worked full time and where your referances genuian,

Yep, I am applying for skilled independant visa as a hairdresser.
All the info I put down was correct and genuine. It was however complicated for my to get all the info I needed. First employer-dead, have no reference from her. Second employer-travelling the world, have no reference from him. Third employer I fell out with as I had a baby and quit, got a little reference from her but nothing as detailed as it should be. These 3 employers were all at the same salon, which no longer exists!! So for the bulk of my hairdressing career I have no references and no way of getting hold of former employers. I sent a covering note to TRA explaining this along with a letter written by a lady I used to work with whilst I was working for my 1st and 2nd bosses, which just explained my situation and if they needed to know anything more they could contact her-they never did. I then had a baby and took a year off, returning to work for 2 and a bit years before applying to TRA. However I have only been working full time (40 hour week) for this last year. Prior to this I was only working 29 hours a week which I would consider to be part time but in the eyes of the law if you work 29 hours or more a week it's full time. My current boss at the time of applying to TRA was not aware of my intentions to migrate so I asked TRA to not contact him either, and I had no reference from him. Yet I must've sent them enough with college certs and proof of course for them to not need references, I also sent a copy of my daughters birth cert so they could see the reason for me having a year off work as a genuine reason. I think if you've got more than 7 years experience they're not so bothered on gaps in employment, also I think if you have this much experience you don't even need the qualification.
Marie
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Irish Hairdresser

Hi Marie,
I have been looking at what you did becasue I was working for someone in Hairdressing but it was a casual thing. You know the sort of thing where you are just under the tax bracket and stuff. I have a full time (20 hours) job with her now. Did you have to get some document from your solicitor to say she knew you or something becasue if you did then I might be able to get this. I used work in Hairdressing a long time ago that is why I did my second certificate becasue I was told for this I would need it. MMMM..... I may do that if I can.
manchester is rainy, cold and my sister keeps on telling me that she is having breakfast on the verandah boo hooo
sad ;( Lacey
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:42 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Did you have to get some document from your solicitor to say she knew you or something becasue if you did then I might be able to get this. I used work in Hairdressing a long time ago that is why I did my second certificate becasue I was told for this I would need it. MMMM..... I may do that if I can.
manchester is rainy, cold and my sister keeps on telling me that she is having breakfast on the verandah boo hooo
sad ;( Lacey
I didn't use a solicitor. I went to a former colleagues house and she was still living there so she just wrote why I could provide no references and put she had worked with me and had seen me do all aspects of hairdressing and she would be prepared to provide further info if needed. She wasn't contacted.

My hubby is on fone to our bro in law in Mooloolah and he says it's boiling so he's spending the morning on his sit on mower mowing his acreage-wish it was me.
Marie
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Noooooooooo...... I want to cry..... don't tell me this. I will cry Marie, do you want to see me cry.. I want the sun it is c*** here in Manchester. Where abouts is your bro? Is that Brisbane Maloollabar or something like that name.
Lace ;((((((
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:46 pm
GC family day carer

[QUOTE=lacey21]Hi Marie,
I have been looking at what you did becasue I was working for someone in Hairdressing but it was a casual thing. You know the sort of thing where you are just under the tax bracket and stuff. I have a full time (20 hours) job with her now.

In the past how long did you work for this lady? and are you a competant hairdresser but without the relevant qualification?
Marie
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can hold my own, I suppose but I don't qualifiy offically till June 05. Now long to go I suppose. This lady has known me for a while about 2 years, so I have been doing this for around two years or more but I was paid but not on the books as such cos I have been a student for 2 years doing a degree as well. She can pay me now though cos she has just got another salon sooooooo I can be paid. So in June I will have worked for her with pay slips for around 5 months.
You put yours in I see though before this rule change though in Sept where it says you need three years and jesus on your side. I don't quite have that lol
lace ;(
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: Irish Hairdresser

Hi again Marie,
do you get the forms from the TRA website to put a TRA in? Do you think it would be worth a try or should I just leave it for the year? I don't mind spending the money I just want the flippin answer.
I have worked really hard on a degree I can't use and a hairdressing certificate I feel I wouldn't be able to use for a while. I might be able to ask this lady if she could write the same letter for me. It might be worth a try.
Lace
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:53 pm
GC family day carer

Hi Lacey.
I don't mean to put a dampner on things but I don't think TRA is the way for you right now. They don't count time taken doing your qualification as experience, it's once you've qualified that they count. I qualified in July 1998 and they took my experience from Aug 1998, unless you've been working in a salon for 7 years(I think) or more, then you don't need the qualification if you can provide enough experience.
Don't let what I say influence your decision, might be worth waiting to see if anyone else can offer advice.
Marie
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Unhappy Re: Irish Hairdresser

HI Marie, thanks for that. I have made up my mind to go the route that I was going to in the first place. I am going to keep on working at this job have been there a while now and then I am going to put in my application for a Designated area Sponsor (136). It will only take me a less than a year to accomplish this so I thnik this is the way forward for me. Unless my sisters move then I am going to cry lol.
Cheers anyway for the advice and I hope you get the yellow evelope on your mat soon.
best wishes
Lace
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:18 am
GC family day carer

Hi Lacey,
Glad I could help. I wish you all the luck in the world with your application and I'm praying your sisters don't move until you get there. I'll send you some karma too.
Marie
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aww cheers Marie,
your a love, keep us posted on what is happening with you.
love lace